CRT Signage, confused.com

waterdog

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say what the sign really means is "Don't take the p!ss and stay here for days on end", given that the boat checkers are unlikely to be recording the time of day a boat on that mooring actually tied up.

During the SEVM exercise CRT made a clear statement  that in future short stay VM mooring times would only in future talk about "days".

Guess what....

Elsewhere they then reverted to form, and erected new notices that said "48 hours".

Want to know why I got fed up with voluntering for CRT?

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

During the SEVM exercise CRT made a clear statement  that in future short stay VM mooring times would only in future talk about "days".

Guess what....

Elsewhere they then reverted to form, and erected new notices that said "48 hours".

Want to know why I got fed up with voluntering for CRT?

Yes please. Did something important go wrong?

It’s also worth bearing in mind that visitor moorings and water points are not always mutually exclusive. Although in the midlands they usually are, there are other places where you can legitimately moor overnight on what appears to be a water point. Usually this is because there is a shortage of moorings and/or plenty of other nearby water points. Having been “brought up” on midlands canals, this slightly goes against the grain - but when in Rome, etc etc.

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

It’s also worth bearing in mind that visitor moorings and water points are not always mutually exclusive. Although in the midlands they usually are, there are other places where you can legitimately moor overnight on what appears to be a water point. Usually this is because there is a shortage of moorings and/or plenty of other nearby water points. Having been “brought up” on midlands canals, this slightly goes against the grain - but when in Rome, etc etc.

You've taken your narrow boat to Rome???!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say what the sign really means is "Don't take the p!ss and stay here for days on end", given that the boat checkers are unlikely to be recording the time of day a boat on that mooring actually tied up. 

I read it like that too.  And I guess most people can’t be arsed hanging around arguing semantics so move on after a day (or two ?). 

From my experience, I see the vast majority know how to abide by the spirit of things, so I reckon we need less signs not more. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say what the sign really means is "Don't take the p!ss and stay here for days on end",

Agreed, and the bit about the service and water point means "don't be a bellend".

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

the vast majority know how to abide by the spirit of things

Yup.

On 09/10/2019 at 12:58, waterdog said:

Yes, normally I would agree but from that post going to the right ( the direction of the arrow ) there are normal rings with space for two boats, then the white bollards for the swing bridge, just before the swing bridge is an identical post but with the arrow pointing left. 

Surely if it is service / lock mooring only they wouldn't have the one day free mooring sign. 

We have moved now but I think I need to wander back to the flight and ask the CRT volunteers.

If you that concerned why didn't you raise it sooner rather then wait 18 hours to post. Best just to Moor up then when questioned ask them to explain the signs.

• 2 weeks later...