Zomboat!

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I think they started escaping Brum from Brentford.

Cheers Graham

Brentford makes sense, looks like the makers did not bother leaving London, there was nothing of Birmingham canals in this.

I’m not an aficionado on zombies, but why is everyone but the four of them a zombie?   If zombies don’t like water, then a boat is a good idea, but what about all the locks that they need to go through to get the London (if we are pretending that they are not already there).

All the boating scenes were definitely Brentford.  Moored on the permanent pontoons with shots across to the gauging locks, sluice gears, warehouses and crt offices/sanitary station.  The getaway scene was beautifully comic with the undrwater shot of the propeller spinning up, a pressure gauge rising and then the swan-like stately progress.  Deffo on my list for next week when they will hopefully reach Hanwell.

Shame the canal scenes weren't filmed in Brum, sort of spoilt it for me, but I know most viewers won't know or care.

I did quite enjoy it even though it was mostly poor.  A lot of classic sitcoms were very unloved when they first started and took a series or two to find their feet.

The bit which made me laugh the most was when we had the shots of the prop revving up and the boat kicking up a big wash and then cutting to a shot of the boat creeping forwards at snails pace as they made their escape.

8 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Filming Zombies at Osterley near Brentford earlier this year

12069498-CA23-4635-93A2-3AD219D38387.jpeg

42225BD7-E944-4452-99AC-236D40471452.jpeg

Funny that, in the 1st pic, some of the people on land are wearing lifejackets, in the second pic , they aren't. The people on the boat don't appear to have lifejackets, unless they are under their coats. Perhaps a zombie death is more likely than a drowning death.

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

The bit which made me laugh the most was when we had the shots of the prop revving up and the boat kicking up a big wash and then cutting to a shot of the boat creeping forwards at snails pace as they made their escape.

Me too- thought that was great .

I dont really care where it was filmed either- its all pretend...just enjoy seeing ANY bits of canal.

(Not aimed at you dora)

37 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Funny that, in the 1st pic, some of the people on land are wearing lifejackets, in the second pic , they aren't. The people on the boat don't appear to have lifejackets, unless they are under their coats. Perhaps a zombie death is more likely than a drowning death.

Film crew wearing life jackets.

Cast - not.  I expect they would have signed a waiver but also there would have been plenty of rescue equipment on hand if needed.

Just now, rusty69 said:

Well....................unless you happen to own a time machine!

I spent half an hour watching a youtube video on how to make a time machine.

That was half an hour of my life I'll be getting back....

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

I spent half an hour watching a youtube video on how to make a time machine.

That was half an hour of my life I'll be getting back....

mmmmmm, I have a feeling of de ja vu here. Friday joke thread me thinks.

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Does it run on lithium batteries?

John B Goodenough, was good enough after all:-

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/09/world/nobel-prize-chemistry-2019-intl/index.html

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

You know I do.....but the part that is broken won't be made until 2071......so I'm stuck.

Looks like you were sold a dud. Why on earth would you buy a broken time machine? Are you some kinda muppet or summit?

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

mmmmmm, I have a feeling of de ja vu here. Friday joke thread me thinks.

John B Goodenough, was good enough after all:-

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/09/world/nobel-prize-chemistry-2019-intl/index.html

mmmmm. Not very accurate I'm afraid. It clear says

"Lithium ion batteries have revolutionized our lives and are used in everything from mobile phones to laptops and electric vehicles," tweeted the committee

....but you ain't got them on yours Rusty. Have you?

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

mmmmm. Not very accurate I'm afraid. It clear says

"Lithium ion batteries have revolutionized our lives and are used in everything from mobile phones to laptops and electric vehicles," tweeted the committee

....but you ain't got them on yours Rusty. Have you?

I have them in my mobile phones, laptops and electric toothbrush though!