Zomboat!

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

From the blurb...

"Zomboat! begins when the zombie apocalypse is unleashed in Birmingham and sisters Kat and Jo, together with unlikely travel companions Sunny and Amar, must flee for their lives by canal boat."

Of course they must, it's obvious that if you need to flee from anything you should do so in a canal boat.

Being moored between Braunston and Napton this afternoon we were passed by numerous boats that I can only assume were fleeing from zombies.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

This is so daft I've got to see it. For one thing, we learn that when the zombie apocalypse hits Birmingham, our heroes decide to escape along the Grand Union. Bad move I think, for two reasons.

First, they've got to do a lot of locks whichever way they leave Birmingham, giving the zombies ample chances to catch them, but I'd be inclined to try to escape via Wolverhampton in the hope that having got some miles away along the New Main Line I'd then have time to get down the 21 before the zombies caught up.

Second, it wouldn't be a good idea to head for London. Don't they know that it's a prime target for all monsters in horror films? The first thing any self respecting monster wants to do is to trash some world famous landmarks, and London has plenty.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

Have to say I agree with Peter X. I generally find escaping from zombie apolloclypses is easier and quicker by walking, or on my bike.

Sometimes a taxi is ok too, but doing it on a narrow boat seems daft due to the delays introduced by locks. 

15 hours ago, Peter X said:

This is so daft I've got to see it. For one thing, we learn that when the zombie apocalypse hits Birmingham, our heroes decide to escape along the Grand Union. Bad move I think, for two reasons.

First, they've got to do a lot of locks whichever way they leave Birmingham, giving the zombies ample chances to catch them, but I'd be inclined to try to escape via Wolverhampton in the hope that having got some miles away along the New Main Line I'd then have time to get down the 21 before the zombies caught up.

Second, it wouldn't be a good idea to head for London. Don't they know that it's a prime target for all monsters in horror films? The first thing any self respecting monster wants to do is to trash some world famous landmarks, and London has plenty.

Birmingham is also bad choice as I hear there are lots of psycho paths.

I'll see myself out.

IMG_20180519_191434.jpg.b58e3abee89f46edfa9ad6ee489683a1.jpg

16 hours ago, Peter X said:

Do the zombies stop chasing whilst you clear your prop? 

Need to know if traveling out of Birmingham towards Catherine De Barnes. 

Edited by reg

On 24/05/2019 at 18:17, Machpoint005 said:

Remind me to miss this brain-dissolving pap.

Righto. Hopefully you won't have watched too much by the time you're reminded, and your brain won't have dissolved beyond repair.

Can you remind the forum to remind you, and keep us all up to date with whatever you're watching on the box until then?

6 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

I have good intelligence that Severner Ash played a boat which is blown up in this, and that it happened in Southall or Hanwell.

MP.

TV channels usually have a "support" webpage people can look at to get advice about any issues covered by a programme. I do hope ITV2 will provide some information about gas safety on boats.

• 4 months later...

According to the comments I posted back in May, they shouldn't manage to escape. But I see the description suggests they are already on the GU when they hear of the zombies in Birmingham, so if they're at Sampson Road they've got 10 miles until the next lock at Knowle, and perhaps that's enough of a head start. I look forward to finding out on Tuesday 8th. Trouble is, on the next two Tuesdays I'll be away boating and missing episodes 2 and 3. On the Thames, well out of range of the zombies.

On 25/05/2019 at 23:11, Peter X said:

TV channels usually have a "support" webpage people can look at to get advice about any issues covered by a programme. I do hope ITV2 will provide some information about gas safety on boats.

And how to escape zombies!

On 25/05/2019 at 16:47, reg said:

IMG_20180519_191434.jpg.b58e3abee89f46edfa9ad6ee489683a1.jpg

Do the zombies stop chasing whilst you clear your prop? 

Need to know if traveling out of Birmingham towards Catherine De Barnes. 

Nope. But as they are wading across the canal to reach you they should get themselves tangled up - and give you the opportunity of many more tangle free miles to escape in.