Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
rusty69

There be Whales here!

Featured Posts

Tut! You must choose better titles Rusty  - I thought this was about pirates on the Monmouth and Brecon Canal! ;)

Interesting, this seeming increase in sightings of cetaceans, isn't it. There was supposed to have been an Orca in the River Tamar upstream from Plymouth earlier this year and, whilst we do see dolphins pretty frequently down here in Devon, that really is a surprise. Mind you, I also saw a dolphin from the beach in Whitby about 10 days ago, and I'd have thought the North Sea is too bloomin' cold for that to be fun on the wet end of the encounter!  Mind you, I could understand it if he'd just had lunch at the Magpie. ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Tut! You must choose better titles Rusty  - I thought this was about pirates on the Monmouth and Brecon Canal! ;)

Tis a nod to Engineer Montgomery Scotty!

I don't think he was Welsh!

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I don't think he was Welsh!

Not sure he's a true Scot either - he sounds nothing like Rod Stewart.

That said, he could have said "Chase me! Chase me!" and not sounded out of place in the voice he used in that clip! Not the Engineer's butchest scene! :D

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not sure he's a true Scot either - he sounds nothing like Rod Stewart.

Ok, he may have been Canadian.

Roderick is probably off sailing anyway.

For all you intrepid w̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ whale watchers out there (it is more exciting than that picture of Nessie):

Edited by rusty69

38 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Looks like the whale died. 

It did, it was apparently always on the cards, it was undernourished and had nothing to eat in the Thames, and because of small tides no chance of escaping, its sad event they didnt intervene because of causing stress, but maybe a bit of stress is better than dead whale?

1 minute ago, peterboat said:

It did, it was apparently always on the cards, it was undernourished and had nothing to eat in the Thames, and because of small tides no chance of escaping, its sad event they didnt intervene because of causing stress, but maybe a bit of stress is better than dead whale?

Oh,I didn't know that. I did wonder if whales come into the shallows because they are ill, and unable to swim well anymore.

Sad, but natural I spose!

1 hour ago, Rickent said:

It looks like it has been hit by a ship.

Before or after it died? 

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Simultaneously? 

Have you watched the star trek film with the whales in yet. They were taken from the past to save the present (or was it the future) .It's possible scotty materialised a whale partially inside a ship. 

I'm not gonna blubber, it's only a film. 

download (1).jpeg

Edited by rusty69
Past not future

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I'm gonna have to stop whale watching I think. Or perhaps just stop mail watching.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7563893/Fears-growing-sperm-whale-beached-Northumberland-shore.html

Oh-oh! Daily Mail links? Do we have a budding Parahandy wannabe on the forum? Surely one source of Daily Mail links is sufficient to stir up unrest without our treasured Beagle in Transition joining in? :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh-oh! Daily Mail links? Do we have a budding Parahandy wannabe on the forum? Surely one source of Daily Mail links is sufficient to stir up unrest without our treasured Beagle in Transition joining in? :D

I am not in transition, I have already transited.You obvs missed my other dailywhale link of the day on the complexities of transition.

29 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I am not in transition, I have already transited.You obvs missed my other dailywhale link of the day on the complexities of transition.

Oh, I see (said the blind man, who didn't see at all). Is this a permanent cross species change? Are we to expect a host of avatarial variations on the theme of Felixs/Felixes/Felii henceforth?

Edited by Sea Dog
Remove double post
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh, I see (said the blind man, who didn't see at all). Is this a permanent cross species change? Are we to expect a host of avatarial variations on the theme of Felixs/Felixes/Felii henceforth?

Well, yes.I thought I would start with Felix as he is quite old. I have a whole host of wardrobe changes for you. 

PS.I am not sure avatarial is actually a word, but perhaps it should be.

• Haha 1