Wood burning stove by Invicta

Stilllearning

Featured Posts

Never let anyone tell you that things are always cheaper in the UK. 

Having just bought a Remilly stove by Invicta from our local hardware store, for €289, Mrs S immediately went online to see if I had overpaid for it. Just for once, I seem to have done the right thing, as it is listed on ukstoves.co.uk at £669.

Now all that is needed is for me to fit it.

• Happy 1

Definitely good for once. Makes up for the expensive paint and dear plumbing fittings or only 1 in store when you want 14!

We moved to Normandy in 2002 and returned in 2010. We didn't regret it and had a good time renovating at the time.   We used to go to French lessons and the restaurant had an Invicta stove, which had a curved base and big glass door. Very welcome on a cold day.

We had a SUPRA make HF something or other and replaced it after a year as oil heating in 2008 was nearly 1 euro a litre. At the time virtually no boiler stoves, so bought a villager AHI for £780. This heated our house (11 rads) and used 20 cubic metres of mixed logs. We paid between 15-35 euro a cube seasoned, cut to our size 50cm and delivered. Lit for around 7 months. My Grandparents felt the cold.

James.

VillagerAHI.jpg