Water pump issue. Any engineers in Thrupp?

Featured Posts

Hi All,

After checking this morning the tap is now running the full pressure and the pump stops when the tap is turned off. So it’s looking like the issue is solved for now. 

Thanks Allan again for your help and thanks everyone else for the tips. You’ve saved me lots of money and now I feel confident I have the skills to fix the pump should the issue happen again.

thanks,

Mel

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 2

Something like a trombone cleaning snake, which is a long flexible bit of springy steel with a brush on the end, might get round the corners and the edges be rough enough to clean round the end of the pipe. Doesn't work on mine unfortunately as I've got two right angle bends in the pipe and it rebels at the second one. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mel_LowertownLad said:

Hi All,

After checking this morning the tap is now running the full pressure and the pump stops when the tap is turned off. So it’s looking like the issue is solved for now. 

Thanks Allan again for your help and thanks everyone else for the tips. You’ve saved me lots of money and now I feel confident I have the skills to fix the pump should the issue happen again.

thanks,

Mel

Thanks for coming back a saying it's all fixed. Not everyone does. Happy ending.

• Greenie 1

I have been following this Thread and thinking about these Water Tanks and perils of debris as they perhaps age . I ran into a Bloke last year with a rigid tank made from some sort of hi tech material , I wish I had gotten more details you know how it is when you CC , its a bit here today then gone tomorrow . He had ripped the old one out and installed this instead .

With ouside fillers leaves can often blow down and into the filler and tank which will sirely block the take off pipe. If the hose is slid through a funnel, the funnel will cover the filler orifice and prevent this.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

I ran into a Bloke last year with a rigid tank made from some sort of hi tech materia

Was this rigid hi tech material plastic perhaps. We have had no blockages on our plastic tank in over 20 years. It may even have stopped leaching nasties into our supply by now.

4 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Something like a trombone cleaning snake, which is a long flexible bit of springy steel with a brush on the end, might get round the corners and the edges be rough enough to clean round the end of the pipe. Doesn't work on mine unfortunately as I've got two right angle bends in the pipe and it rebels at the second one. 

I use one of those on my deck drains, think it came from the pound shop

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Can these snakes be trained to clean other musical instruments, or perhaps even clean boats and cars? ?

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Was this rigid hi tech material plastic perhaps. We have had no blockages on our plastic tank in over 20 years. It may even have stopped leaching nasties into our supply by now.

It was a sort of Canvas type affair from memory Rusty but yes Plastic is another way to go . I remember some years back I purchased a Boat which had been repossessed by Barclays Marine Finance , I had completely redone the interior and decided to finish the job off with a Porcelain Toilet Bowl . The Girlfriend was the first to use it and succeeded in wrenching it completely off the Blackwater Tank which I had simply tiled on top of the previous nasty paintwork , of course I hadn't thought to perhaps tap it with a hammer in order to check its condition . Anyway the Tank was completely rotten and I had a Bloke build me one in Stainless Steel , he operated from a Farm in a place called Flore just off junction 16 of the M1 , the Bloke made a wonderful job of it even to the extent of fitting Integral Bracing to cope with the Girlfriends voluptuous rear end ? This is the extent of my experience replacing Tanks on a Boat .

• Haha 1