Can anyone explain the cost of this boat?

doratheexplorer

Featured Posts

I'd say they have priced it simply by adding up what it 'owes' them.

They took the money it cost new, plus everything they spent on it since, like the cratch cover, genny, washing machine, engine servicing etc etc to arrive at the £130k, I'd suggest. Boats are after all, an 'investment' some people think, and should therefore only ever rise in price. 

In times of increasing wealth and all the lines on the economic graph rising steadily that's probably a fair price but its not like that any more. Lots of boats for sale, damned expensive running costs and the world and UK economy hitting an environmental and political ceiling and it ain't gonna sell for that price.

I wonder why they have had the engine serviced at twice the manufacturers recommended intervals?

Depending on who did the fitout what equipment is specified, £130k isn't an awful lot to spend on a new boat these days.

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Depending on who did the fitout what equipment is specified, £130k isn't an awful lot to spend on a new boat these days.

There is a 2nd hand fat-boat for sale in our marina - bought new and after a year decided to sell up, still for sale 18 months / 2 years later.

Asking price 'over' £300,000

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say they have priced it simply by adding up what it 'owes' them.

They took the money it cost new, plus everything they spent on it since, like the cratch cover, genny, washing machine, engine servicing etc etc to arrive at the £130k, I'd suggest. Boats are after all, an 'investment' some people think, and should therefore only ever rise in price. 

Mine must be worth a fortune...

• Haha 1

A good quality Jonathan Wilson hull plus good fitout is likely to set you back £150K+ at today's prices, new, 70ft. If (and that's important it is in good condition then it might well sell at that price. Another thread notes a high level of new boat building indicating a buoyant market. In the past few years, second hand boats have often appreciated in cash value, provided that they are at the sweet spot between very new (and hence high depreciation) and derelict, worth almost nothing.

Edited by Mike Todd

8 hours ago, peterboat said:

Not involved with faceache so cant see any pictures but it does seem very very expensive, I see Jonnys boats weekly and have one they are good shells, so unless this was one of his specials they arnt that expensive.

Nor am I but I opened the link & scrolled down & could see all the pictures.