Canal side plot in Le Mas De Agenais France

Seaworthy

Featured Posts

Hello everybody, 

Im not sure where to add this, so if it needs to be moved please do so..

I now have planning permission for a house on the world heritage site of Le Mas De Agenais.  On the canal.

We did decide to keep it, and use it for mooring our boat there, but we’ve now decided three years on to give up boating, and sell it.

so if anyone is interested, it will be £69,000 with full planning permissions.  I also have a Princess 32 1974 twin diesel 5 berth, electric WC with holding tanks, full tanks of fuel.  moored in Sandwich Kent, which has been out of the water 3 years needing tlc, & new cover etc.  Offers over £12,000 please. 

Any questions please ask.

22CF033F-4C8F-469B-A634-28088970C34F.jpeg

Hello again!

I remember you mentioning this a couple of years ago - in fact I think that my wife and I identified the spot when we went past it on a Locaboat hire péniche a month later!

Sorry to hear that you haven't sold it yet - it is in a most attractive location.

I am surprised that you got planning permission for such a contemporary-style house in a World Heritage site. Wouldn't the local aurhorities allow a more traditional one with pitched roof &c?

Edited by Athy

In five years time I'd be very interested! Not in a position to move now though

But, on the basis of what I would want to know if I were able to follow up - could you be a little more precise?

I've found a place name of le mas d'Agenais, on the Canal Lateral a la Garonne - it doesn't appear to be a world heritage site. Is it that one? 

Hi I managed to get full planning permission in January this year, it is a world heritage site so we were lucky to achieve this. Here is more information, but happy to respond to any questions.

Le Mas De Agenais

This plot of land is on the canal Garonne Lateral, it leads on to Toulouse & the Mediterranean, Paris & towards Calais the other way.

The Canal latéral à la Garonne connects with the Canal du Midi, to Castets-en-Dorthe, where it falls into the tidal river. It forms an important link in the 600km route across southern France from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean, as well as becoming a cruising waterway in its own right, connected to the canalised rivers Lot and Baïse at Buzet-sur-Baïse.

The river bank belongs to the French waterways and the plot is directly behind this, you will have panoramic views of the canal. Please see this link for all the canal information.

https://www.french-waterways.com/waterways/south-west/canal-garonne/

This plot is in Le Mas de Agenais and is 3208 square metres. 

The moorings are paid for, and are just at the entrance of the plot. 

“Le Boat” a well established French boating company operate boat hire from here, it is a beautiful historic part of France.

This is a genuine personal sale,  The local community operate a canoe club close by, & a new house has been built next door so all the services needed were brought in to this house, so everything is very close to the plot for when you build.  My solicitor known in France as the “notaire” has all the paperwork ready, 

If your interested, You can chose your own notaire or use the same one as us and pay the 10% deposit through the legal channels, the remainder is payable on completion usually 3 months after.  It is listed on eBay so all the pictures are there.

The canal is listed apparently as a world heritage site.  The architect listened to our specifications, and drew these plans, I didn’t think it would be approved, but it was.   Inside it’s all open plan, and has balconies overlooking the canal.

we intended to go completely off grid with solar panels, the plot is very secluded although houses, are near.

we will accept offers on our plot.

8 hours ago, Seaworthy said:

The moorings are on both sides of the bank, Le Boat operate from the canal here.  

Yes indeed - I think they're beyond a bridge. The public quay is just on the Buzet side of that bridge.