Low Batteries Over Last Week

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have a near identical set-up and need to run my engine for 0 hours per day to keep the batteries 100% charged.

Go on, ask me how!

(And it isn't by running a suitcase genny four hours a day!)

Your Smartmeter is not working !!

16 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

That will be about 60Ah per day then, what about the TV and laptop?

What's a TV? We do have four big ChannelGlaze screens that continuously show river and canalside programmes.

We only charge laptops (and radios, hoovers, torches, shavers, phones ...) when the engine's running. With solid state drives the laptops last 10hrs +, which isn't bad. On sunny days between April and September 200w of solar panels deal with all this. I now suspect the seemingly sudden dying of our batteries was partly masked by sunny weather up until mid-Sept.

• Happy 1

16 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have a near identical set-up and need to run my engine for 0 hours per day to keep the batteries 100% charged.

Go on, ask me how!

(And it isn't by running a suitcase genny four hours a day!)

Go on, how do you do it?

I don't think you have 1000w of solar. I don't think you're like the Flying Dutchman cruising 8 hours a day forever.

I know ... you unplug your 12v fridge throughout the winter and a small portable solar panel keeps everything else running for the few moments you manage to spend on board chez Boilerman between astonishingly packed working days and an outrageous social life. Yes?

2 hours ago, Jim Batty said:

Go on, how do you do it?

I don't think you have 1000w of solar.

Correct. 

I have 560W of solar which means I have to run my engine 0 hours per day, 0 hours per week, 0 hours per month for most of the year to keep my batts at 100% SoC. 

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Correct. 

I have 560W of solar which means I have to run my engine 0 hours per day, 0 hours per week, 0 hours per month for most of the year to keep my batts at 100% SoC. 

Nice. I've sometimes wondered how much solar we'd need to take us through the winter.