Cylinder head strip injector guide

Jrtm

Featured Posts

Ok so my heads are off the national for engine semi rebuild, I have 0 movement in the crank up down or forward backward so the bearing on the crank hopefully are ok engine was rebuild a few years back and has been oil changed every year sence but I've also had them out 2017 and had no damage on then,

I'm in the middle of stripping the heads, 1 head is ok but not build very well but is rebuildable, the other is might not be saveable, this is due to the water feed around the exhaust port was full of sand at this end only but has turned to rock and has blocked one side of the flow around the exhaust if I can get threw it its saveable.

I have also found on this head both the intake and exhaust valves have been lapped in quite deep intake by around 1-2 mm the exhaust not quite so bad but at least all the valve was lapped unlike the other side that had only been lapped till around a thin bit of card sealed.

Anyways on the bad head there is some grit under the injector guide and I need to remove it to clean and reseal,

Can anyone tell me how to get it out? I'm assuming it's the same as the exhaust guide and just presses out and back in?