Honda EU20i Spares or repair - inverter failed.

Richard10002

Featured Posts

I bought my EU20i second hand in 2011, so have had my moneys worth. It now runs, but produces no 240V power. Took it to Edge Technology in Crewe and they tell me that the inverter unit has failed.  It's a £500/£600 fix, so not worth doing, given the age of the unit. It also needs a new pull cord, but that's a tenner, so no big deal.

I'm going to buy a Honda EU10i from them, (£784), and am wondering whether to ask them to keep/dispose of the failed EU20i, or whether I could try and sell it for spares/repair, or even strip out some bits and sell them as parts - carburettor, engine, pull cord rotary assembly, etc.?

Has anybody sold or bought one of these not working, and how much did you get/pay. Any suggestions?

With me, there is always the chance that it will sit on the mooring, waiting for me to bother to do something with it, then get disposed of at the tip, so my inclination is to leave it with them if they will keep it.

First thing I’d try is eBay for the inverter unit my guess is you will get an unbranded   Version for a 10th of the cost from the Far East.  Had something similar with a wolf branded genny. The AVR went faulty rang wolf tools quoted me 50 quid plus vat and p&p got one from eBay for a fiver... 

Put it on ebay 99 pence start. It WILL sell for precisely what its worth on the day. There are two good reasons for doing this, one is to get it out of the way and the other is it may do someone a good turn to rectify the broken bit on theirs.

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2019 at 17:46, Dinz said:

Strangely I have an EU20i that charged but motor blown.

Wot you want for yours? PM me.

Apologies for jumping in, but if the OP doesn't want it then I would be interested! My EU20i Runs well but the board has died..

Thanks

Paul