Outback FLEXmax MPPT controller.

rusty69

Featured Posts

Has anyone got any info regards configuring this particular MPPT controller? I think it is similar to the Tracer BN series. The manual talks of a 'Mate micro meter' or a connection to a PC using a USB to RS485 converter cable and  PC monitoring software 'OB micro series monitor'

Being a tight git, I am looking for the cheapest solution to configure two of these beasties.

Thanks as always.

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 18.30.47.png

• 2 weeks later...

My two shiny new controllers arrived today. After all the replies, I finally decided to splash out on a new meter in the end, deciding it would be far the easiest method.Besides, I couldn't figure out the usb cable thingy method.I must admit, with so much advice I was a bit overwhelmed with what to do.

A huge thanks to all those who responded:)Oh, it was just me!

11 minutes ago, Boredrider said:

Manual is available online . In my recent experience you don't need anything else to configure the controller.

Thanks, although that is for the Flexmax 60/80.Mine  is a 30/40, which I omitted to say in my OP.

I have both the online manual and a paper one. p21 of the paper one suggests the two methods I described above. I guess it has some default setting, but they may not be optimum for my installation. 

You seem to be suggesting otherwise, can you point me to the info in the manual, I may have missed it. Cheers

Edited by rusty69

Sorry, I didn't even know they did a 30/40 model!  Having looked at the online manual yours appears totally different model to the 60/80, which is programmable using the display and controls on the box.  The 30/40 does look very similar to the Tracer though, so I think if you have the tracer MT 50 meter  and a network cable you should be OK.   The PC method should be avoided IMO as if you get the interface wrong you will be sending  +5V power into the controller which will end in tears!

5 minutes ago, Boredrider said:

Sorry, I didn't even know they did a 30/40 model!  Having looked at the online manual yours appears totally different model to the 60/80, which is programmable using the display and controls on the box.  The 30/40 does look very similar to the Tracer though, so I think if you have the tracer MT 50 meter  and a network cable you should be OK.   The PC method should be avoided IMO as if you get the interface wrong you will be sending  +5V power into the controller which will end in tears!

Cheers.I ordered the meter and wifi unit, so will use those to configure them.