Not every boater is welcoming

fergyguy

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, fergyguy said:

Yesterday I visited a local marina to take a look at the mooring I’m going to reserve for my boat once house has sold . A chap from marina showed me the mooring which is perfect for what I want as it’s next to the security gate leading onto the pontoon so not far for my arthritic dog to get to grass for a wee. Within a minute of being there a lady in the next berth who would be my new neighbour popped out of her boat with a barrage of questions what boat? How big? When? Etc it transpires their boat had moved up one from the mooring I’m looking at. 

You will never get your boat in there she said despite it being same beam but 8 feet shorter than hers.

you will never get it out in the summer as no water far too shallow..,but you managed?

Its really noisy as everyone stands on bank side chatting..... really

You will have to reverse all the way out? But you reversed in ?

I somehow think that this boat owner doesn’t want neighbours and is hell bent on trying to put anyone wanting their vacant spot off moving in.

If that lady is on her Thank you for your warm welcome and encouragement to enjoy a life afloat.

Have your words put me off????

Hell no.

See you soon neighbour.???

I think it's time you fitted that extra loud and bassy sound system you've always wanted.

45 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Windchimes....... Work of the Devil!

Agree,  currently sat listening to the rain on the cratch, why ruin it with the crashing of bloody chimes

18 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Ignore it, move in, be a good neighbor. Anything else only proves her right.

This 

47 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Agree,  currently sat listening to the rain on the cratch, why ruin it with the crashing of bloody chimes

This 

Some windchimes are quite nice (they appear "tuned") but most are a discordant noise. the clonky wooden ones being the worst!

3 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Some windchimes are quite nice (they appear "tuned") but most are a discordant noise. the clonky wooden ones being the worst!

Some, in the right location but to insist everyone shares the random tinkling of the things, arrghhh.

Oh yes the wooden things are just expensive firefighters.

Hmmm at what age does one become a grumpy old fart :)

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Some, in the right location but to insist everyone shares the random tinkling of the things, arrghhh.

Oh yes the wooden things are just expensive firefighters.

Invasive noise is quite stressfull.

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Assuming X = your current age in years, and Y = a positive number relating to how long in years you've already been a grumpy old fart, then X - Y will give you the answer you seek.  Works for me anyway! ;)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

Invasive noise is quite stressfull.

how do you define 'invasive noise'?

IMHO any noise that you resent is invasive, so it is very subjective and varies with your own mood.  Sometimes all noise, no matter how quiet, is invasive.  Like last night, during the lulls in between the wind noise in the trees at the back of our garden, and the thunderous downpours on the concrete I could hear a steady thumping beat that I assume was party music, but so far away it was hardly audible.  Or the aircraft that seems to make a high level flight over our area at about 3 a.m. most nights, which I assume is a military flight from Brize Norton, and is no more than a background hum. 

15 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Don't argue with her, she obviously thinks she is getting the neighbor from hell, so give her one (the neighbor from hell, I mean)

Wouldn't it be better for both parties if she was pleasantly surprised and they became great friends and neighbours? 

I’m really easy going and they will have no issues with me but I think they just felt moving the one berth away from the bank they could put others off taking their old berth  they would feel a little more private ( it’s s Marina so that’s a rare thing surely?) ?