Redhill Marina

fergyguy

Featured Posts

Can I ask if there are any boaters on here that currently moor at Redhill Marina ? If so can you give an honest opinion on how you find it from mooring facilities etc I’m looking at Sawley and Mercia both seem busy and well organised but just wondered if being the size they are if boaters are more about numbers on a balance sheet rather than being about giving residential boaters a good experience. I’m sure I’ll get a good range of views and welcome your opinions 

I didn't take to Sawley I'm afraid. Too much regulation. The 'new' owners seem to want as much money as possible. Their prices are rising also, restricted parking, anpr systems. Doors and gates locked at 1800. Nothing to do in the marina there after. 

Some of the staff/people we met when we were on visitor moorings for nigh on a week were okay, but others perhaps not.

Sorry Mrsmelly just saying what I think.  Quite possibly the best place to moor in the vicinity. 

It is very handy for the East Midlands Parkway station by the cooling towers, regular trains even in Sundays to Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and beyond.

Lots of wide beams spread out along the river bank over a large area, the small lagoons seem to be for narrowboats mainly, so you will almost certainly have a nice view. Some of the pontoons are lethal when wet, you may have to rectify this yourself as they have been that way for a long time. Yes, rough and ready but friendly.

When it floods, it can flood badly, they lost some of the pontoons near to Ratcliffe Lock in 2012, however, these were dilapidated and nobody moored on them. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

I didn't take to Sawley I'm afraid. Too much regulation

Shame the same cannot be said for its little brother at Diglis.  Shares the same manager, who we never see, and the “yard hand” only works one full, and two half days per week.  No challenge to boaters who clutter pontoons, boats permanently covered in tarpaulin, no parking spaces or mail facilities, despite being “include” in the overpriced charges.  On the plus side, at least the venture capitalists who now own it can’t take away the awesome view of Worcester Cathedral!

AB28C544-6F06-4085-8FE0-F6F9E19F26BE.jpeg