Filter river water (system)

HarrisonMelecchi

Featured Posts

Hey!!
My sister's boyfriend bought a filter system that collect water from the river and I really enjoy the idea. So I'm trying to search more about options I could have and it is not easy to find it though.
His system cost about £700 pounds and for me it is quite expensive. Does anyone know any other cheaper than that? I just want water to shower and wash the dishes.. not keen to drink it.
Does anyone use it? pros and cons?

My boat had a river water filter system on it, it was removed and sold before I purchased it, the previous owner used it to live below the radar, however he was on a fairly clean river near Ripon, I dont think that I would want to use any of the water out of the S&SYN as its fairly well polluted with lots of not nice things

3 hours ago, HarrisonMelecchi said:

Does anyone use it? pros and cons?

I don't, because finding clean, potable tap water has never been an issue wherever I've roamed on the inland waterways. Perhaps it's the roaming bit that makes other sources unnecessary.

Effective filtering is gonna cost and without that I'd offer the following pros and cons of drinking river water...

Pros: cheap, abundant.

Cons: disease, death.

Why not let the water company do the processing?