Mr Tolley

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

There is some information on the Tolly's on the Facebook group "Life on the Cut in Bygone Days."
It is however a closed group. 

It has pictures of Jack and his wife Leah Tolly, John Tolly and Rose and Fred Gibbs, related to the Tolly's.

Posted 23 weeks ago April 13th 2019.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

The Tolly boating family go back some way  in the 1891 census a William Tolley born 1862 & his half brother Mark born 1873 from tipton toll end  .William had a daughter who married into the Lenton family that I belive used to own charity docks long ago will check this is correct when I am next in contact with Roy Lenton.  Solomon Tolly married into the Gardner boating family & in the 1940's his son a  Thomas Tolley ran boats for Manny Smith from Brentford to Birmingham but the gentleman you mention may well be John Tolley as I was at  Arther Tolley's funeral  around 2005 & as far as I know John is still with us 

Image26.jpg

• Greenie 1

On 25/09/2019 at 18:21, Ray T said:

There is some information on the Tolly's on the Facebook group "Life on the Cut in Bygone Days."
It is however a closed group. 

It has pictures of Jack and his wife Leah Tolly, John Tolly and Rose and Fred Gibbs, related to the Tolly's.

Posted 23 weeks ago April 13th 2019.

Jack and Leah Tolley had my boat Badger, together with the butty, Northwich for a number of years in the 1950s.

George