Its that time of year again

peterboat

Featured Posts

250kg of Newheat to be delivered tomorrow for £91. Kindling from Aldi for £2 or Wilko's £1 for half as much. Makes me greatful for a decent sized covered well deck, I find not that many marinas sell solid fuel round here. 

On 21/10/2019 at 18:11, Rumsky said:

250kg of Newheat to be delivered tomorrow for £91. Kindling from Aldi for £2 or Wilko's £1 for half as much. Makes me greatful for a decent sized covered well deck, I find not that many marinas sell solid fuel round here. 

I use newheat at the moment, its what they sell here. I dont shop around as its buying stuff that keeps businesses going and I understand the concept. When out on the cut,  not on a mooring I use passing coal boats, I have yet to ask any of them how much they charge. Use em or lose em and they need to eat.

250kg of I think Supertherm (the bag doesn't say exactly what it is other than just "Smokeless coal"), which I've used in the past and was never impressed with - it never felt warm, but having stuck a load in the other day, I had to open a few extra windows and doors. It was climbing up to 30c. Not sure I got the best price, at £100 for the 10 sacks, but I'm warm now at least and it's cheaper than the coal boats in London by 3 quid a sack.

Talking of 'that time of year again", I just got my licence renewal notification from CRT. It's gone up another 30 quid this year! Bastards.

Edited by NB Caelmiri

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I use newheat at the moment, its what they sell here. I dont shop around as its buying stuff that keeps businesses going and I understand the concept. When out on the cut,  not on a mooring I use passing coal boats, I have yet to ask any of them how much they charge. Use em or lose em and they need to eat.

Newheat is the coal of champs. I've only seen it in a few places and when I had it last, it was brilliant. I've got half a sack left that I shall savour.