Winter Moorings Confusion! Date on sale?

dworkin

Featured Posts

Just checking today that there's no new info about winter moorings,  I googled 'rct winter moorings 2019 faq' and followed links to a RCT pdf titled '38663-2019-20-winter-mooring-frequently-asked-questions-faqs.pdf' which it turned out was possibly a re-titled copy of last years i.e. 2018-2019.

While the file name said '-2019-2020-', the document was named 'winter moorings 2018/19' and though page 2 said sales start 3rd October, page 4 said 'moorings available from Monday 1 Oct.' 

All a bit confusing so I rang up RCT to be told it was 'almost certainly Thurs,  3 October'. 

So, if you're keen on a particular booking, you might want to keep an eye on boths dates - just in case.

The reason you see confusion is due to a lack of information. The reason there is a lack of information is that the details haven't been published yet. If you're particularly keen to get in early, I would advise checking for the announcement/details frequently and being in a position to commit to buying one.

Thanks chaps for underlining my point. One of you makes the statement that there is a lack of information, not true. Read the post and follow the links. You'll find a CRT pdf file that states  that the start date is both 3rd and 1st  which is of course too much information. Think about it,  I think you'll find it's fairly simple to understand. Add that four posts cite  3 URL's showing 2 different dates. and that the very nice lady at CRT "thought it was almost certainly Thurs,  3 October'! See what I mean - do keep up boys.

Edited by dworkin