Peaky Blinders: Take a tour of museum filming location

Ray T

Featured Posts

Although they are promoting the Birmingham locations , quite a bit is actually filmed in Liverpool, the old yard/road just up from the tobacco warehouse is used extensively, and "Birmingham Town Hall" looks just like a building in Liverpool to me, I assume the new glass sides on the lower section of the the real Birmingham building make it unsuitable.

..............Dave

8 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Ellesmere Port’s one of the destinations for a Peaky Blinders tour from Liverpool. 

Folk arrive all dressed the part. 

I notice they use Ellesmere Port as a setting for Camden. 

Do they go to the Horse and Jockey and have real fisticuffs, throat slashing and a shooting or two? :)

..............Dave

22 minutes ago, dmr said:

Do they go to the Horse and Jockey and have real fisticuffs, throat slashing and a shooting or two? :)

..............Dave

Met two big Norwegian crews off hire boats coming through Chester yesterday. 

They said they were going to Ellesmere Port so I recommended the Horse and Jockey ?. Told them it was a biker pub and they’d be made very welcome. 

They were already on the drink at 10.30am. 

Not the prettiest pub inside but a proper no frills boozer. 

57 minutes ago, dmr said:

..............Dave

My sister, who is someone who could hold her own in a scrap unlike me, used to say the horse and jockey was a good night, normally topped off by a fight between some of the ladies of negotiable affection.

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Ellesmere Port’s one of the destinations for a Peaky Blinders tour from Liverpool. 

Folk arrive all dressed the part. 

I notice they use Ellesmere Port as a setting for Camden. 

Did they use the boat museum or other bits as well?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Met two big Norwegian crews off hire boats coming through Chester yesterday. 

They said they were going to Ellesmere Port so I recommended the Horse and Jockey ?. Told them it was a biker pub and they’d be made very welcome. 

They were already on the drink at 10.30am. 

Not the prettiest pub inside but a proper no frills boozer. 

As you know, we have had a good session in there and found the locals very friendly, but you really would not want to upset them.

Currently in Newbury paying over £4 per pint, I think it was under £2 at the H&J.

...............Dave

49 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

My sister, who is someone who could hold her own in a scrap unlike me, used to say the horse and jockey was a good night, normally topped off by a fight between some of the ladies of negotiable affection.

Did they use the boat museum or other bits as well?

The Museum’s distinctive iron bridge stands out in the filming. And it pops up a few times. 

What other bits bits of the museum they used I don’t know. I don’t think they used anywhere in the town, just the museum. 

I think they also used Port Sunlight as a location. But I ain’t been there, so can’t say owt on that. 

Just to add: you can purchase your Peaky Blinders cap and ‘razor blade’ pin badge, plus Peaky Blinders Beer and Peaky Blinders whiskey in the  museum shop.

There might be a Peaky Blinders Gin too, can’t remember. 

Edited by Goliath

Port Sunlight is Aunt Pols house as well as the place where Tommy got his skull broken after the Easter fayre. 

I think the boat museum was Alfie Solomon's place in London ?  Not been to the boat museum for decades but I believe they have a great café there so I will soon...

4 minutes ago, cougie said:

Port Sunlight is Aunt Pols house as well as the place where Tommy got his skull broken after the Easter fayre. 

I think the boat museum was Alfie Solomon's place in London ?  Not been to the boat museum for decades but I believe they have a great café there so I will soon...

I've wondered where that Pols place was, that makes sense, thank you

6 hours ago, robtheplod said:

I've seen the Peaky Blinders narrowboat - a rather smart thing, with a chap in a waistcoat and flat cap... looking very serious...

The boat is CLEMATIS will be Roger's boat but both roger and Martin dress up and attend a few rally and travel the system with the January board on and the rest covered up, they put quite a lot of work into the show (have seen them prepping and filming at bclm)