HELP NEEDED: Tow to Lechlade

VanessaS

Featured Posts

Hello boaters. I posted help needed to get my broken down boat to Oxford Cruisers, Eynsham on the Thames to get my seized engine replaced, as was an agreed job for them to do. A very kind chap said he would help, so that is where I am now, at Eynsham, since 4th September. However, I'm now out of the frying pan and into the fire because Oxford Cruisers say they will not help me now. OMG!

So I now need to get myself up to the Trout near Lechlade for usual by annual winter crane out, already planned.  They will be able to sort my engine during the winter. So, I need a kind person to help me get up to Lechlade or as far up as they can get me, for me to then find someone else for the rest of the way.  My boat, Bonnie Blue, 30ft by 10ft 3 cruiser.

Im really hoping because otherwise Im really stuck.

Sorry to trouble you all.

Vanessa

07791 770685

Having towed Vanessa from Abingdon to Eynsham, I can vouch that she is (mostly!) harmless and good company! It was a pleasant voyage, aside from a minor collision with Godstow Bridge in a strong cross wind and a couple of bumps going into locks. She was alongside our nb most of the way, other than some narrow bridge 'oles and all of the locks above Iffley where we towed her behind (oo-err!) I would have been happy to help again, but other commitments in the next few weeks make it unlikely.

• Greenie 3

3 hours ago, VanessaS said:

However, I'm now out of the frying pan and into the fire because Oxford Cruisers say they will not help me now. OMG!

That seems mean and despicable of them given they said they'd help before you arranged the tow there. Was there some sort of misunderstanding??

One wheeler thanks for your post. Yes Godstow was "interesting"! 

Others who gave used Ox Cruisers, indeed, I know they are good mechanics, gave used them before. But, I have very def seen another side to them and I am afraid I would not be in a position now to recommend them.