Solar panels

wandering snail

Featured Posts

I got a couple of used 240w panels from Bimble Solar a few years ago.  When I used Bimble they were good.  Probably still are.

Used large ‘high’ voltage panels are surprisingly low cost.

Just an example

https://www.bimblesolar.com/255w-amerisolar-used

and you may need a new controller.

Edited by Chewbacka

10 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

I got a couple of used 240w panels from Bimble Solar a few years ago.  When I used Bimble they were good.  Probably still are.

Used large ‘high’ voltage panels are surprisingly low cost.

Just an example

https://www.bimblesolar.com/255w-amerisolar-used

and you may need a new controller.

That’s silly cheap. I don’t need any and have nowhere to put them but I still have a strong urge to buy a couple :D

• Greenie 1

I bought six 270w used panels for £45 each from a guy near Swindon who refitted solar farms. He advertised on Gumtree. He was also selling brand new 330w panels for around £80. I would have preferred those but he would only sell them as full pallets of 27. I think Peterboat bought some brand new 300w panels for £90 each recently, so there are bargains to be had if you can find them. 

3 hours ago, Captain Fizz said:

Try Tim at Onboard solar.

£1200 is his discounted price for fitting 500w of solar. I cant tell if he supplies the bits for self fitting. I think the bits can be had for £500 or less, and I think the OP is looking at DIY, (but I could be wrong).

Please note: I definitely don't begrudge him charging a reasonable price for fitting. A couple of days work at £50 an hour or so, soon eats up money.

Thanks for all these helpful comments. We've now found the invoice for the 'old' ones which turn out to be only 11 yrs old with a 25yr warranty so are following that up with the manufacturer Sunpower now. If they wriggle out of their commitment we will definitely be looking at these suggestions.

Edited by wandering snail