Beta Marine 38 key broken..

lampini

Featured Posts

Bugg*r it!

As title - key broke off in ignition, of course I’ve been “meaning” to get a spare cut but never got “a round tuit”. 

Of course OH managed to extract and then lose the bit wot got left inside.. 

Any ideas? 

We really wanted to take my best mate on a little jolly this weekend, she lives in London and this is the first time in four years she’s made it up here to visit! ?

Anyone local to us (Ashby canal, Br 5) with a spare? Even just to borrow.. 

Bugg*r.... 

E6940EAA-C8BE-46FC-9CBF-BDC30ACDAF0F.jpeg

ACB6FE16-A000-49CC-B174-6F4554AC89EF.jpeg

13 minutes ago, lampini said:

Tried that but it does seem to have something resisting that I don’t want to force! 

Or should I?

?

The worst you can do is to break the tumblers, the electric bit will still work. You’ll be needing a new switch anyway, I guess. 

Alternatively, if you have access to the back of the panel you can always do some chock block engineering...

Edited by WotEver
Add the last bit

Just now, lampini said:

Ok, thanks Wotever - I shall try and be brave on Saturday... 

eek... ?

I wouldn’t leave it till then... why not suss it out tomorrow?  Then that gives you time to fit a new switch prior to Saturday if it all goes tits up. 

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Nope.  They are a bog standard kubota plant key available off ebay for a couple of quid, or from a Kubota dealer.

It's the Kubota equivalent of the bog standard Lucas plant key.

Well then... getting a replacement sounds simple.  How to get one tomorrow though?

20 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I wouldn’t leave it till then... why not suss it out tomorrow?  Then that gives you time to fit a new switch prior to Saturday if it all goes tits up. 

Well then... getting a replacement sounds simple.  How to get one tomorrow though?

Start work at 6.30 am on a loooooong day shift - will look up Kubota dealers tho.. ?

Thanks so much for all the help tho guys... ?

14 minutes ago, WotEver said:

How to get one tomorrow though?

Go to a Beta agent? Tamworth/Rugby/Market Harborough

Go to a Kubota agent? Further away.

Local hire shop might have one on a kubota mini digger.  Any plant hire firm will probably have a few.

Borrow one off someone else as previously suggested would probably be easiset - they are all the same KX2 key as fitted to a wide range of plant.

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Go to a Beta agent? Tamworth/Rugby/Market Harborough

Go to a Kubota agent? Further away.

Local hire shop might have one on a kubota mini digger.  Any plant hire firm will probably have a few.

Borrow one off someone else as previously suggested would probably be easiset - they are all the same KX2 key as fitted to a wide range of plant.

Ooh that’s really helpful too! Cheers! 

25 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

@lampini looking again at that picture, it's not the KX-2 key you want, that's on the newer panels.

Did your key look like this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUBOTA-ENGINE-BETA-MARINE-KEY-FREE-UK-POST/322502800560

s-l1600.jpg

Think so - but all I have left is the remains pictured in #1 ? 

ordered one anyway... ??