Boaty McBoatface

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

This one just struck me as I walked past the boat moored in front of me. (It's a forum member's boat.) 

Boaty Macboatface.jpg

Oi! Cheeky! I resemble that remark.

Before the usual Messrs Picky leap in with their size 12 boots, The original bulkhead was made from brand new discarded oak tabletops. After 4 years the damp penetrated a little and a couple of bits had started to delaminate. Table tops aren't put together with waterproof glue, it seems. So I clad the lot in 2mm ali sheet. I might paint it, I might not.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Ahhhhh, that's cute.?

I love the little hat.

4 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I think the traditional BMW grill resembles two nostrils - those of a driver with his/her nose in the air.

all BMW look like pigs ....................... says a habitual Audi driver. 

I was thinking about it today, and realised that a 1960's Rover driver is a match for today's Audi driver.

Edited by Murflynn

2 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Why buy an Audi when there's a tried and tested Skoda version - which is much cheaper?

P4, P5 or P6?

because there is no Skoda equivalent to an Audi S-line quattro auto 3.2 FSI avant.

SWMBO had an L&K Octavia which she loved but it was powered by that rubbish 2.0TDI with an auto box and it had to go before it 'went west' if you follow my meaning.

P.S. with canny buying skills there is no price differential between a quality used Octavia and an A6.  

Edited by Murflynn

4 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Why buy an Audi when there's a tried and tested Skoda version - which is much cheaper?

P4, P5 or P6?

Ive owned all of those and a P3. All fab cars, I used to drive a p6 at 120 mph round Leeds ring road back in the day.

The real Boaty Mcboat face is being officially named this week. She's looking good...I don't often feel proud of Birkenhead (in fact I never have!) But having watched the ship develop over the months I have felt a bit of smugness that a world famous ship is being built again at Lairds. 

On 18/09/2019 at 11:19, Machpoint005 said:

I think the traditional BMW grill resembles two nostrils - those of a driver with his/her nose in the air.

Isn't it odd that, whilst other areas of prejudice are out of bounds or even illegal, this sort of "tarring with the same brush" is seen as quite acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Isn't it odd that, whilst other areas of prejudice are out of bounds or even illegal, this sort of "tarring with the same brush" is seen as quite acceptable. 

There's definitely double standards in this regard from certain posters.

I hate prejudice of any sort, even that deemed innocent can lead down a dark path.

4 hours ago, hawkesmith said:

The real Boaty Mcboat face is being officially named this week. She's looking good...I don't often feel proud of Birkenhead (in fact I never have!) But having watched the ship develop over the months I have felt a bit of smugness that a world famous ship is being built again at Lairds. 

Mike Gloistein, the Radio Officer on the Boaty McB referred to here, more properly known as the Sir David Attenborough, gives occasional updates with pics on the progress of the ship and much else Antarctic.   Mac junior worked with Mike on other Antarctic vessels for the British Antarctic Survey (as did I a whole generation earlier).

http://www.gm0hcq.com/SDA-Update.htm

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

:clapping:

Until we all like the same cars, food, music, whatever, I think it will be perfectly acceptable, yes.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I had a BMW for about 3 months earlier this year. I found myself driving inconsiderately. 

• Happy 1

34 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Since my boat has been painted and is now shiny I speed past all the moored boats

That will be the reduced drag due to the shiny paint and also the lighter wallet you are carrying.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

I had a BMW for about 3 months earlier this year. I found myself driving inconsiderately. 

Then you needed to have a chat with yourself, not blame your car which, after all, only responds to the driver's input.  I think it unlikely there is a single marque which has never been driven inconsiderately and in every case it will have been down to the driver. Similarly, I suspect that cars of every single marque have also been driven most considerately, as I'm sure you do now having had the uncommonly good sense to recognise your slip. :)

Still got my Rover P5b. Standard appart from a LT77 manual box,electronic ignition and electric fuel pump. Can still give modern cars a run for there money(but not round corners) Got a modern BMW as well. I do use the indicators and let other cars out of side turnings.