Morco F-11E cutting out

sirweste

Featured Posts

On 19/09/2019 at 22:07, Ex Brummie said:

Many suppliers will not accept the return of PCB's .

Suppliers don't have a choice about accepting returns as far as I'm aware. Distance selling laws.

On 18/09/2019 at 09:43, J R ALSOP said:

Got one working a few years ago, the problem was spiders below the terminal  on the top of the boiler not letting the air / exhaust mixture be correct. If you take off the top of the terminal it is the first bit of gubbins you see, a bicycle pump sorted it out.

Anyhow, I fitted the fresh electrode assy, made no difference. At all.

So set about removing the flue jigsaw, there were a lot  of juicy spiders egg sacks to clean out, but critically there was one laid right in the middle of the flow sensing tube.

Back to lovely hot showers again now, cheers for all the advice.

1 minute ago, sirweste said:

Suppliers don't have a choice about accepting returns as far as I'm aware. Distance selling laws.

Only if you return the PCB in re-sellable condition, i.e. unused. And there are a number of ways they can tell if you plugged it in, apparently. Most send in a sealed bag which if opened, renders the PCB 'used'. 

PCBs can be damaged by other faulty components so a PCB that has been sold and accepted back as a return cannot be trusted. Would YOU buy a second hand PCB, sold as new?

5 hours ago, J R ALSOP said:

Glad I could have been of use, most people poo poo my 50+ years of experience.

I meant to say thank you when quoting you but I rushed the message this morning. Sop thanks for your tips! I wouldn't have looked there if not for your advice! Well certainly would have taken me longer to get there!

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Only if you return the PCB in re-sellable condition, i.e. unused.

Agreed, this was the plan. Pre-spider egg advice. Plug in Electrode unit, if the boiler then worked I wouldn't need the PCB so return it. Simples

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

PCBs can be damaged by other faulty components so a PCB that has been sold and accepted back as a return cannot be trusted. Would YOU buy a second hand PCB, sold as new?

If my merchants present me with any opened packaged spares, the first thing I do is open it in front of them. Electronics I will never accept unless sealed, and if some hamfist has played about with a valve, you never know if the threads are compromised etc.

Distance selling laws have plenty of 'get out' for the supplier, like labels or seals on clothing, and on consumables, if the packaging has been ripped, then they can refuse.