River Weaver marina

jocave

Featured Posts

I've been googling for ages but not really found anything , I'm looking for a marina mooring on the weaver , it's for an ex broads cruiser, wanted to move it closer to home for a year or two just to use for the odd weekend away, I'm far too busy to travel to Norfolk all the time and as such it's not getting much use at the moment, I'm not coming up with much at the moment, Sawley is an option but still a bit further than I would like , had a drive around the area today but limited for time so didn't really get as far as I would have liked , I want to sell our boat on the Lancaster as than doesn't get used at all and just have the one within a reasonable drive , probably asking for the impossible but worth an ask...

2 minutes ago, jocave said:

I've been googling for ages but not really found anything , I'm looking for a marina mooring on the weaver , it's for an ex broads cruiser, wanted to move it closer to home for a year or two just to use for the odd weekend away, I'm far too busy to travel to Norfolk all the time and as such it's not getting much use at the moment, I'm not coming up with much at the moment, Sawley is an option but still a bit further than I would like , had a drive around the area today but limited for time so didn't really get as far as I would have liked , I want to sell our boat on the Lancaster as than doesn't get used at all and just have the one within a reasonable drive , probably asking for the impossible but worth an ask...

There is a marina on the flash in Winsford near the park. No idea what its called.

Northwich has a small on-line marina on the river, Google should find it. Usually full and likely to have a waiting list. This is the only proper marina. Just upstream is the old Yarwoods basin, usually rammed full of working boats but its worth asking, again google will find it. A little way above Hunts lock is an old sprawling boatyard full of interesting stuff and they have a few on-line a "basin" moorings. Might be up for housing development soon. Its called Jalsea and google will find it.

The Winsford Flash marina is council run and is for 48hour visitors only. A few boats moored in the flash but I don't know the details. A few moorings down at Acton bridge run by a boat club.

.............Dave

2 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

There is a marina on the flash in Winsford near the park. No idea what its called.

Thanks I'll have a search

2 hours ago, dmr said:

Northwich has a small on-line marina on the river, Google should find it. Usually full and likely to have a waiting list. This is the only proper marina. Just upstream is the old Yarwoods basin, usually rammed full of working boats but its worth asking, again google will find it. A little way above Hunts lock is an old sprawling boatyard full of interesting stuff and they have a few on-line a "basin" moorings. Might be up for housing development soon. Its called Jalsea and google will find it.

The Winsford Flash marina is council run and is for 48hour visitors only. A few boats moored in the flash but I don't know the details. A few moorings down at Acton bridge run by a boat club.

.............Dave

Thanks Yarwoods was one I was looking for today on the way back from Warrington but ran out of time unfortunatly, but one I will look into ..

13 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its only an hour away by boat and a pleasant trip down the lift

I agree it would be a pleasant trip and it was one option I looked at so many thanks for the suggestion but really wanted to avoid the canal if I could , somewhere downstairs would be ideal..