CRT leisure moorings

Chesil123

Featured Posts

I've cc'ed for 3 years but I'm about to get a leisure mooring with crt. Like a lot of things in boating the rules don't seem so clear cut on living there. My plan is to take the boat off the moorings and travel for around 3 months in total throughout the year. I definitely don't want to stay on the moorings 12 months without moving....I'd get bored, but like the option of not having to move every 2 weeks. Would this be within the rules as far as crt go or I'm I about to create a problem if i sign up for a year? And just to say this is my actual plan i don't want to stay on it without moving but i can't be bothered with creating hassle if this is not allowed. 

Just now, Chesil123 said:

Certainly not intending to rock anyone's boat, just seeing what the general experience is as don't want to get tied up in a load of hassle.  Cheers 

Many people use their leisure moorings for shall we say " extended leisure " whos to say what leisure is? I for instance am retired, well trying to be so all my time is leisure. Just keep head below parapet so to speak ?

• Greenie 1

You need to do a bit of quiet research at the moorings you have in mind.  Chat to other moorers who may be mostly live-aboard.

I certainly know of tow-path where what you want to do would currently be a non-issue, but equally I can think of others where you could well have problems.

Best to get it from those actually there.

• Greenie 1