Stop planks in above Bosley

Cheshire cat

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

I stopped at Heritage on the lower Macc to get gas earlier. Chap there told me that the hire firm there had 2 boats stuck above Bosley and they were putting 'considerable pressure' on CRT to get the navigation open.  

Hence the window tomorrow morning to work through the flight.

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

A lockie  helped me down the first 8 locks yesterday. 

Flew down. 

Always prepared to work a flight on my own but if there’s help around I’ll gladly take it. 

Going down singlehanding is always harder work than up because of the double top gates. A lot more walking. 

20 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

He wasnt there today. we set offst after 5pm

They usually lurk up at the top, watch you struggle all the way then look dead chuffed when they set the last one for you. One gave me a long lecture about what I'd done wrong all the way up as the boat rose gently in the lock, which he hadn't offered to work for me. I merely smiled and ignored him. On a very rare occasion I can do nice. 

On 27/09/2019 at 19:39, ditchcrawler said:

He wasnt there today. we set off up just after 5pm

I walked up the flight earlier,  11ish, to fetch the car, and took a windlass to help anyone if I could. 

I didn’t see any volunteers. 

I was drenched after walking back from Congleton in the pouring rain and then I wanted to get a shift on with the boat otherwise I’d have knocked and said hello. 

at least we waved 

Til the next time

bon voyage 

Edited by Athy
Removing biological swearing
  • Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

They usually lurk up at the top, watch you struggle all the way then look dead chuffed when they set the last one for you. One gave me a long lecture about what I'd done wrong all the way up as the boat rose gently in the lock, which he hadn't offered to work for me. I merely smiled and ignored him. On a very rare occasion I can do nice. 

Last time we came up the Lady Volocky at the top lock told Diana there was no need to lift the paddles on the bottom gate as a boat had gone down, She couldn't understand that the water leaking  through the top stopped her from opening the bottom ones.

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Last time we came up the Lady Volocky at the top lock told Diana there was no need to lift the paddles on the bottom gate as a boat had gone down, She couldn't understand that the water leaking  through the top stopped her from opening the bottom ones.

How long did it take you to go up?

it was quite busy earlier and there was one disgruntled boater having to follow two single handed boats. 

9 minutes ago, Goliath said:

How long did it take you to go up?

it was quite busy earlier and there was one disgruntled boater having to follow two single handed boats. 

About an hour and three quarters, the first 7 and the last were against us, just met the one boat