Pete Finally Makes It Out Of The Hedgerow

Parahandy

Featured Posts

I had tried all day to reach one of my Drivers who like me is resident on a Canal Boat , eventually I decided I would drive over to Wolverton and see if he was aboard . From the tail end of last year we have picked up a fellow intinerant called Peter who camps alongside in his Tent as we move from place to place , a bit of a character but a decent Bloke nonetheless . Anyway upon arrival I find Ricky standing outside his Boat alongside a 17ft Shetland Cruiser which he tells me that Pete has just bought for £600 . Delighted for him I shook his hand as he invited me aboard . Well for £600 as you can imagine its a bit rough , it does need a refit though it comes complete with Stove , Cooker and Oven already fitted as well as an electric start Honda Outboard which apparently needs a Service , apart from that its all there . Doubtless we shall plunder the Building sites this week for 2x2 and some Ply but at 17ft that shouldn't be an issue . I am at present wondering if I can perhaps put it down as a Tender for my 70ft which will hopefully free up the License Money in the short term and give Pete a bit of breathing space of a week or two . Happy Days as they say , doubtless I shall be on looking for some advice later .

Edited by Parahandy

Definition of a Tender (C&RT T&Cs)

"Must be capable of being lifted out of the water by its normal crew", and :

If your tender is less than 3m long and it is normally carried on your boat or towed behind it, and only used to and from your main boat then you don’t need a separate licence. But, please make sure your tender is clearly marked with “Tender to YOURBOATNAME" and your boat's index number.

If you use your tender for any reason, or if it’s longer than 3m or cannot easily be lifted out of the water and stored on the main boat, you'll need to buy a boat licence for the tender. 

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If your tender is less than 3m long and it is normally carried on your boat or towed behind it, and only used to and from your main boat then you don’t need a separate licence. But, please make sure your tender is clearly marked with “Tender to YOURBOATNAME" and your boat's index number.

If you use your tender for any reason, or if it’s longer than 3m or cannot easily be lifted out of the water and stored on the main boat, you'll need to buy a boat licence for the tender. 

Cheers Alan I reckoned I was perhaps on shaky ground ?

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So you can't claim your 70ft butty is a tender to your motor!