Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richardcn

Battery performance issue

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have 4 X T105s and I used between about a lt last week to top them up I think,

Double that, Its a 1lt bottle I used not a 500ml

12 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

Well I really hope you've had the appropriate training and have the proper equipment. I have but whilst 12.80 electrolyte is available I'm going nowhere near concentrated sulphuric acid!

Sound advice 

Back at the dawn of my career I once had to mix up some concentrated  sulphuric acid to replace acid lost when a telephone exchange flooded. Not an experience I enjoyed, the fumes coming off the acid when adding it to deionised water were visible, so you had to hold your breath. ?

That was about 1972, so predated modern H&S rules.

I also recall using concentrated hydrochloric acid and calcium carbinate to "regenerate" the Permutit water deioniser, which produced the battery topping up water. That was a nasty job too.

Still it concentrated my mind on getting promoted so someone else could do it, so not an entirely bad thing. ?

Edited by cuthound
To add the last paragraph
  • Happy 1

On 14/09/2019 at 13:56, cuthound said:

Magpie Patrick edit (at Curhounds request) 

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

I say, that's a bit unnecessary....

I agree MP's editing has gone to the dogs! ???