Webasto newbie

robtheplod

Featured Posts

We've got a new boat and its come with a Webasto heating system. I've tried to find the manual for this but not having much luck as yet. The controls are easy and the heating aspect isn't an issue (and works well), I'm just trying to find out if this system can supply hot water without the heating (as the engine does) ?  Do I need to look at alternatives such as immersion etc?

Thanks!!

20190824_133001.jpg

20190908_173827.jpg

The Webasto is just a water heater, it heats water, where the hot water goes depends on the design of your pipe work.  Normally I would expect a valve that controls flow to the radiators.  There might be a second valve that restricts the flow through the calorifier when the radiators are on, to balancethe flow, but there probably isn’t.

added - follow the pipe from the out port of the boiler and see if there is a tee with a valve on the leg going off to the radiators.

Edited by Chewbacka

No, or it won't do so for long.  Webasto's like to be worked hard, so need the full load (calorifier and radiators) otherwise they partially shut down and cycle on and off. This leads to a build up of soot, carbon on the burner gauze, the unsooted parts then overheat and the gauze will crack and break. They are not cheap to replace unfortunately. Shutting off the radiators also will lead to short cycling and the dreaded soot, don't ask how I found out but several good nights out meal and entertainment had to go to the repair man.

21 hours ago, robtheplod said:

thanks everyone, will have a close look at the pipework!

If you need it servicing or repairing contact me, I use a bloke who is very fast, very good and very cheap, a rare bloke indeed in this day and age. You do not need to get ripped off.

• Greenie 1

On 13/09/2019 at 14:55, mrsmelly said:

If you need it servicing or repairing contact me, I use a bloke who is very fast, very good and very cheap, a rare bloke indeed in this day and age. You do not need to get ripped off.

thanks for this I will keep you in mind!   where is the chap based?