Heater Glow Plug Removal

Puff Along

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

It is not quiet as simple as Sam implies. He is correct about just getting the splines in but the pump has slotted fixing holes and needs to be  twisted on its mounts to set the injection timing. I think the 2.5 has a pointer on the block into which you slide the pump that you line up a line scribed on the pump flange BUT on a well used engine you really need to set that pointer before you fit the pump but that requires a special tool. Normally they run well enough as long as you align the line to the pointer but sometimes people twist the pump (with difficulty) on the running engine to get the engine sounding "right".

Will check it out thoroughly as getting a little spooked with it now.Annoying as I have gone far beyond what I thought I could do.But don't wan't to fall at the last fence...Time will Tell.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2019 at 19:20, Sea Dog said:

Fit 3?

Don't know if this will show as in Rhodes at the moment. So update on PuffAlong.everything back as should be ,But talking to my mate tonight over dinner,He said I would have to fill up the Injection Pump with Oil!!!! Something I must admit I didn't know about.I this is correct fill to a level it run out of the loosened nut on top?,?also straight engine oil.Hope everyone's boats have weathered the storms I have been hearing about. I'm lucky I can view it on Torquay live web cam?

I am not going to look for the other thread but if this is a DPA pump then it only contains fuel and that gets there automatically. If its an inline pump so very old 2.2, 3.x or larger then it may need filling with oil if diesel bob ha snot already done it. I think there will be two filler level plugs on the side of the cam case or a side cover to take off to pour a measured amount of engine oil in. However check what diesel bob has done.

On 14/09/2019 at 21:25, Slim said:

In my youth (50 years + ago) I fitted my Ford 100e with a Redex injection system. It bled Redex into the engine from a 2 pint tin  in the engine compartment . The mètering device on the dashboard had an override / boost button. A couple of presses on the button laid down a smokescreen a WW2 naval distroyer would have been proud of. Great when someone was tailgating you

My Mondeo does this now if forced to sit at a steady speed at 1800 rpm in any gear.

It's a standard fault in all the 2 litre diesels from around 2005, you can see Transits, Sharans with the same engines...

I just take the EGR valve out every 6 months and gun wash it, and occasionally stick a fivers worth of unleaded in before a motorway journey then top up with diesel. Did it a couple of weeks ago leaving Blackpool at a BP station and the guy gave me a A4 card with local contractors who remove contaminated fuel from cars for £££££

I laughed at him told him this was how to keep cars going.

3 hours ago, matty40s said:

My Mondeo does this now if forced to sit at a steady speed at 1800 rpm in any gear.

It's a standard fault in all the 2 litre diesels from around 2005, you can see Transits, Sharans with the same engines...

I just take the EGR valve out every 6 months and gun wash it, and occasionally stick a fivers worth of unleaded in before a motorway journey then top up with diesel. Did it a couple of weeks ago leaving Blackpool at a BP station and the guy gave me a A4 card with local contractors who remove contaminated fuel from cars for £££££

I laughed at him told him this was how to keep cars going.

I once accidentally put about 5 litres of petrol in my 2005 diesel X-Type Jag. Topped up with diesel and thought myself luck to get home OK. I think some googling suggested adding 2 stroke oil to the tank in some proportion for a few tankfuls. 

From what you are saying, it seems it's something I could have done every few tankfuls, and it would have done it good :)