Episolar MPPT equalization charge

jenevers

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, jenevers said:

Apparently these controllers automatically carry out an equalisation charge on the 28th of each month. 

But what if there’s little or no sun.?

I guess they’ll wait until there is some. Or maybe they’ll just skip it for that month. Do the instructions not explain?

9 hours ago, Detling said:

They will do so at the earliest opportunity and if they feel your batteries haven't had enough they continue to try. I have often seen the 28th mentioned but as they don't need a date when you install one I recon its every 28 days.

Sort of correct.  The setup menu asks for a date and time, but it defaults to something (sorry can't remember what date) if you don't set one.  It will do equalisation every time it thinks it's the 28th, but if you haven't set the date correctly it might mot actually be on the 28th ...

If you rummage in the config menu you will see what date/time yours thinks it is currently.

On 12/09/2019 at 16:29, Detling said:

They will do so at the earliest opportunity and if they feel your batteries haven't had enough they continue to try. I have often seen the 28th mentioned but as they don't need a date when you install one I recon its every 28 days.

My EPEVER Tracer, with MT50 monitor screen thing, equalises on the 28th of each month. I haven't found a setting where you can change the date. If I want to do an equalisation, and it's not the 28th, I change the date and time. I think it keeps at it until it's had enough sun to do a certain length of time, which I think is settable up to 3 hours or so.