Can we ID this stove ?

W+T

Featured Posts

On 09/09/2019 at 17:38, W+T said:

I have this stove on my  o9at and was wondering if anyone lnows what make etc it is pleaae

It’s a Hamlet Hardy, probably the 4kw version.  Great little stove, but only a 4 inch flue, which is fine in terms of getting the pipe work, but the iron roof plate, and then a matching size chimney, are all but impossible to get.  Midland stock options for both, but the chimney is a tad too small for the flange, the effect of which is that they sort of weldrust (new word, my copyright) together, and then are impossible to separate in a hurry when low bridge looms!

Edited by The Dreamer

9 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

It’s a Hamlet Hardy, probably the 4kw version.  Great little stove, but only a 4 inch flue, which is fine in terms of getting the pipe work, but the iron roof plate, and then a matching size chimney, are all but impossible to get.  Midland stock options for both, but the chimney is a tad too small for the flange, the effect of which is that they sort of weldrust (new word, my copyright) together, and then are impossible to separate in a hurry when low bridge looms!

All easy to make for it what i cant buy ;)

I bought the same stove for my Sister the hamlet hardy 4kw around a year ago.

It's fitted in her 23ft springer and for what it cost new  at £265.00 you cant beat it. The collar is a standard 6 inch one with around 5 inch internal. I packed the 4 inch flue to collar join with the 1 inch stove rope and high temp vitcas silicone. So far no issues.

James

Stove for Springer.jpg

Edited by canals are us?

When I needed a new flue I happened to have some offcuts of 1 mm stainless welded tube going spare and made it out of that just to see how long it would last, that was 3 years ago and its still the same thickness, and as soon as I got the stove back working I noticed a huge difference in that the thin flue was radiating tons of heat into the cabin instead of wasting it out of the chimney, it also largely cleans itself as it expands and contracts all the crud flakes off inside. I wouldn't fit a heavy mild steel flue again . 

• Greenie 3