How to ask whether liveaboards are accepted...

NB DW

Featured Posts

You need to look at the Royal Mail's postal redirection facilities.  This enables you to have bank statements etc addressed to your house, and redirected by the local sorting office to your "accommodation address". If you trust whoever is operating the accommodation address, then they can open the post and either scan and email to you, or if you have to actually receive it, then they can send to a post office local to the marina using "Post Restante".

I have several years recent experience of doing just this.

Car insurance is still addressed to you at home, but you tell them that the address where the vehicle is parked overnight is the marina.

Thanks guys.

The weird bit is that the address I'd be eventually looking to remortage would be exactly the same as the one I'd be providing as my residential address.

Redirection etc to the Post Office is definitely doable and would mean I could keep my bank and so on addressed to what would become my let property.

But this still leaves the hurdle of my rental property and my personal address still being the same.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You clearly didn't read the post I quoted when you quoted mine. 

Context is everything.

How would they prove I lived somewhere when I claimed I didn't?

Slightly off topic but after an extended trip to Canada I tried to sign on.

They refused to believe I was native born and sent a chap to where I was living.

Small chap with a squeaky voice turned up at my sister's place, house was it's normal slightly manic, Sis just in after mucking out, slight whiff of horse, two nephews mid argument, bro in law failing to control said nephews,  dogs joining in the fun.

Showed chap my sofa where I slept, passport, driving licence, he refused to believe me, so I suggested I could drive him to my parents place and maybe do a tour of Chester and birkenhead where the various grandfolks and uncles lived.

Still wasn't happy, at this point I explained I had no bills or recent UK history as I had been out of the country for 6 months frankly I was jet lagged and had enough of this nonsense ( slightly grumpy at this point).

Finally he conceded I might just be a local and allowed my claim :)

14 hours ago, Boredrider said:

You need to look at the Royal Mail's postal redirection facilities.  This enables you to have bank statements etc addressed to your house, and redirected by the local sorting office to your "accommodation address". If you trust whoever is operating the accommodation address, then they can open the post and either scan and email to you, or if you have to actually receive it, then they can send to a post office local to the marina using "Post Restante".

I have several years recent experience of doing just this.

Car insurance is still addressed to you at home, but you tell them that the address where the vehicle is parked overnight is the marina.

I did this but after a few years Royal Mail withdrew the service saying that by now I should have informed everybody of my move. At around £60 a year it was obviously costing them more than that to redirect the amount of mail I was receiving. So I set up an arrangement with our tenant to put all our mail in a tray/box in the garage for us to collect as and when. 

12 hours ago, Grassman said:

I did this but after a few years Royal Mail withdrew the service saying that by now I should have informed everybody of my move. At around £60 a year it was obviously costing them more than that to redirect the amount of mail I was receiving. So I set up an arrangement with our tenant to put all our mail in a tray/box in the garage for us to collect as and when. 

It's only allowed now for upto 12 months from date of first use.