It’s getting closer now so must focus.

fergyguy

Featured Posts

At the risk of tempting fate it’s looking like my house sale is going through as planned with contracts signed and back with solicitor. With completion date looming towards me I now really need to focus my attention to the two boats on my want as my New Home list. Yes they are not everyone choice as both are Widebeams at 12 feet. One is a 65 feet Aintree Boat already moored at the marina I intend using for the next two and a half years at which point I’ll retire and constantly cruise. The other is 57 feet Bluewater Boat but some 7 to 8 days sailing time from the marina. Both boats are less than 5 years old and have been fitted out and maintained to a high standard. The Bluewater Boat has had little use and is loaded with 1200 watt solar and a 8kv diesel generator built into the engine room, she also has a chined hull which I’m told will handle better than a standard flat bottom. Both boats have top quality central heating and double glazed throughout. My dilemma is this I love the extra length of the saloon on the 65 feet boat which when compared to the  one in the 57feet makes that one look very small. But as it’s only me and my Labrador moving aboard should that matter??

As I know Widebeam waterways are drastically limited in comparison to narrow beams the 57 feet would allow me to travel across the Pennines where as the 65 feet keeps me to the north east waterways only.

The Bluewater Boat will cost £2k less than the 65 feet and does have the generator,solar, and stainless steel water tank which like the fuel and waste where special ordered as larger than normal so reducing tank filling/emptying. 

My first issue was after selling my house I will not have the free time to sail the 57 feet to the marina as I run three businesses so at the moment that’s not an option but a very friendly Peterboat who I met two years ago when I first thought of boat life has kindly offered to sail her for me.

So if you were in my position what would YOU do and NO I’m not going to change my mind and buy a  narrowboat as much as I like them lol