Red diesel petition

Momac

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Let me think - one that empties a 20 litre Jerry can in 30 seconds, or one that requires 'hours' of jiggling wrist action (and no changing hands at 99)

Maybe this as a compromise :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-TP80-JERRY-CAN-SYPHON-PUMP-BATTERY-POWERED-FOR-PETROL-DIESEL-WATER-/162284403572?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

Edited by Alan de Enfield

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Let me think - one that empties a 20 litre Jerry can in 30 seconds, or one that requires 'hours' of jiggling wrist action (and no changing hands at 99)

Just a few quick jiggles, and once the siphon action has started it keeps going on it’s own.  But it is slow.  A big funnel is easiest.

34 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Whats wrong with a length of hose and a good hard blow.

On second thoughts......better not answer that one.

On 06/09/2019 at 17:03, Chewbacka said:

Because when it is debated it will be presented along the lines of - my constituents have to pay £1.40 a litre to get to work where they are paid minimum wage, most of the tax from fuel is used by the nhs & education, but rich boaters don’t think they should have to pay this tax, effectively they want their hobby subsidised by the working man.

I think the petition should have focused more on poor people living on boats, now being charged a tax for keeping warm, that would have generated a lot more support.

Completely agree with this.

I haven't signed it, the intent isn't clear at all.

• Greenie 1