Round sinks. Why?!

captain flint

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

I see a possibility, as 2 would be normally required

Ahhhh - I thought it was to retain the original (now wireless on one side) with the addition of another 'cup'. I did not appreciate it was a full replacement option.

They do say "twos company & three is a crowd"

Image result for 3 breasts

34 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I see a possibility, as 2 would be normally required the long ends could be tied together, to sort of meet behind the head and a parasol attached. 

It would hark back to the days of Victorian elegance and be practical at the same time

you know what - I think you're onto something.   I'm looking forward to a cartoon style sketch that may be useful for making a pitch on Dragons' Den one day soon.

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, NigelMoore said:

I fitted a circular sink in ‘Gilgie’ because Gilly did not want either soulless stainless or white ceramic. I spotted some large earthenware flower pots when shopping for the beech countertops in Ikea, so bought one to convert into a sink.

Gilgie galley.JPG

Gilgie sink.JPG

I rather like that

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ahhhh - I thought it was to retain the original (now wireless on one side) with the addition of another 'cup'. I did not appreciate it was a full replacement option.

They do say "twos company & three is a crowd"

Image result for 3 breasts

Now, I wouldn't mind finding the three bra wires for her.

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I rather like that

Me too.Oh, your talking about the sink.

Assuming that a round sink has the same or similar diameter as the across flats size of a square sink, it will use less water from your tank to achieve a given depth of water. 

No-one has actually answered the OP's question yet, which is why do people buy round sinks for narrow boats.

To be qualified to answer, you must have chosen and purchased a round sink for your narrow boat. Any such people reading this, please explain your reasoning! Everyone else is just pontificating. 

I am such a person, and my reason is as I stated earlier in the thread. I wanted the cheapest sink and drainer I could possibly find that would do the job, and round ones were less half the price of anything rectangular. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Add a bit
  • Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No-one has actually answered the OP's question yet, which is why do people buy round sinks for narrow boats.

To be qualified to answer, you must have chosen and purchased a round sink for your narrow boat. Any such people reading this, please explain your reasoning! Everyone else is just pontificating. 

I am such a person, and my reason is as I stated earlier in the thread. I wanted the cheapest sink and drainer I could possibly find that would do the job, and round ones were less half the price of anything rectangular. 

Unusually sloppy for you MtB.

No-one has actually answered . . . why . . .”.  Yet you go on to say: “my reason is as I stated earlier . . .” You are therefore nobody?

Plus, I gave a reason also: “I fitted a circular sink in ‘Gilgie’ because . . .No pontificating.

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Last boat fitted a round'un (small boat, tiny tank, less water used for given depth  in sink.)
Current boat has square sink (bigger boat, much bigger tank, square sinks were silly cheap on offer in B&Q at the time of fitting out.) 
Will that do? :)

Edited by Guest

I installed a Shaws Round Ceramic Sink in the gallery. Two main reasons first: ceramic holds the heat longer and looks upmarket which it should do at £300. (Brought new on Ebay £35). Second reason you can install the taps where you like and not look out of place unless you install them at the front.    

8 hours ago, NigelMoore said:

I fitted a circular sink in ‘Gilgie’ because Gilly did not want either soulless stainless or white ceramic. I spotted some large earthenware flower pots when shopping for the beech countertops in Ikea, so bought one to convert into a sink.

Gilgie galley.JPG

Where do you buy oval kettles from?