Roast spuds et all

LadyG

Featured Posts

Hi,

Winter has arrived: put stove on, medium spuds in [ie under] , then some onions, and garlic.

This may not work. I have a sirloin ready to grill, any other ideas? Can I use cheapo aluminum foil?

Edited by LadyG

Whole onion, scoup hole in top, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, fill with cheese, wrap in foil and roast until soft.

Whole head of garlic, bit of oil, wrap in foil roast until soft, spread on good bread, drizzle with olive oil

Baked apple, fill with brown sugar cinnamon and raisins, maybe pears as well

Banana in foil with choc

Edited by tree monkey

21 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Whole onion, scoup hole in top, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, fill with cheese, wrap in foil and roast until soft.

Whole head of garlic, bit of oil, wrap in foil roast until soft, spread on good bread, drizzle with olive oil

Banana in foil with choc

Right.Me and Mrs Rusty are coming over to yours for dinner on Saturday, sounds yummy. Except for the banana and chocolate bit, that just sounds disgusting.

What time do you want us?

• Greenie 1

44 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Right.Me and Mrs Rusty are coming over to yours for dinner on Saturday, sounds yummy. Except for the banana and chocolate bit, that just sounds disgusting.

What time do you want us?

I would be a be tad concerned that Mrs Rusty is fully supported at the moment,  considering recent problems, is she ok to venture outside?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I would be a be tad concerned that Mrs Rusty is fully supported at the moment,  considering recent problems, is she ok to venture outside?

Fear not. I support her, wherever she goes. Say, 7pm then. Can bring some elderberry wine vintage 2019!

• Greenie 1

42 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Fear not. I support her, wherever she goes. Say, 7pm then. Can bring some elderberry wine vintage 2019!

Is it not a bit early for elderberry wine 2019, berries are only just about rip, so should still be in the bucket/demijohn, or did you mean elder flower wine ?

3 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

Is it not a bit early for elderberry wine 2019, berries are only just about rip, so should still be in the bucket/demijohn, or did you mean elder flower wine ?

Twas an oxymoron. There is no such thing as a vintage 2019 wine elderberry or elderflower. I haven't made elderflower wine since 2014.Still, sloe gin season is not far off. 

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Banana in foil with choc

Baked app:apple:le. Not had one for years and me with a Bramley apple tree almost falling down with fruit. Off to the boat for a few days but must go harvesting as soon as I get back. All other ingredients in cupboard. Can I use cinnamon sticks? Genuine question as I'm no Gordon Blue.  

12 hours ago, Slim said:

Baked app:apple:le. Not had one for years and me with a Bramley apple tree almost falling down with fruit. Off to the boat for a few days but must go harvesting as soon as I get back. All other ingredients in cupboard. Can I use cinnamon sticks? Genuine question as I'm no Gordon Blue.  

I suppose, just don't try to eat the stick ;)

11 hours ago, Murflynn said:

my daughter did a bbq the other day and cooked beef skirt steak.   as nice as any conventional cut at a fraction of the price.  .....  mind you she did buy it at Waitrose so she ain't a skinflint.

My grand daughter Japonica's pony won't eat hay from anywhere else.

• Love 1

"Roast spuds et all"

"Winter has arrived: put stove on, medium spuds in [ie under]"

Point of Order, do you perhaps mean "baked potatoes"? 

Roast potatoes are done in fat, in a tray in the oven. Baked potatoes are done by wrapping the spud in foil and bunging it in the ash pan under the fire to cook. 

• Greenie 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"Roast spuds et all"

"Winter has arrived: put stove on, medium spuds in [ie under]"

Point of Order, do you perhaps mean "baked potatoes"? 

Roast potatoes are done in fat, in a tray in the oven. Baked potatoes are done by wrapping the spud in foil and bunging it in the ash pan under the fire to cook. 

Shouldn't the point of order be that Winter hasn't started yet.Well not in this country anyway.It has probably started somewhere. Winter won't start until December 22nd.We haven't yet had Autumn, which starts on September 23rd. This all assumes that you are not talking about meteorological dates, in which case Autumn started last week. But Winter, noooooooooooo.

So, your spud point,although correct, is in fact, the elephant in the boat.

Edited by rusty69

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

So, your spud point,although correct, is in fact, the elephant in the boat.

Careful Rusty - incurring the wrath may end in your spuds being roasted! ;)

Edited by Sea Dog
I spelled "May" wrong - or auto correct got me.
  • Haha 1