Who's got their stove on then?

Featured Posts

Lit the stove last night.  Not so much for the temperature as for the damp when it started raining after a cool wind.

It’s still ticking over; I may well let it go out, it depends on how the day progresses.

51 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Each to their own but I can never understand the mentality of choosing whether heat is needed by the calendar and not the thermometer. They don't award medals you know.

I have a friend who lives aboard who absolutely never lights his stove before november first :banghead:

Just now, Sir Nibble said:

That's up to him. Perhaps he thinks that one day the towpath outside his boat will be lined with people applauding his fortitude.

"Well done, you have spent time uncomfortably cold despite having serviceable heating. Clearly this shows balls of iron."

Had mine on one night in august lol.

At first this topic title puzzled me, because it's very mild and warm down here, but I see the north west is a different story and rain is predicted to move SE tonight. I'm in my house at present and my thermostat will not be interested in turning the heating on any time soon, but I'm with Sir Nibble; if you need it, light it. We lit Brighton's range on a couple of days in August although the temperature was mild, because we were boating in the rain.

2 hours ago, NB Caelmiri said:

Not I. Not in September. No way. Even if it's cold.

Why? It was cold last night I got caught in the rain walking the dog so I lit the Bubble stove warm in minutes dog and me happy! In the Army we had a saying any fool can be uncomfortable! make of that what you will

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Why? It was cold last night I got caught in the rain walking the dog so I lit the Bubble stove warm in minutes dog and me happy! In the Army we had a saying any fool can be uncomfortable! make of that what you will

Why? Because if I put it on it'll just encourage crap weather!

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Methinks there is a story buried in that reply.

3 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Strange boat!! ?

Lol.... I saw the word "stove".

Our bote has a couple of stoves too.

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Nice logpile.  Shame all the well seasoned stuff is at the bottom!

Jenga fan.  :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Stephen Jeavons said:

Mine's only partially installed.

Must buy the missing flu bits. Hmm, where to get them?

Depends where you are based and what you want but the little chimney company built and fitted a stainless flue for me last year, it was very well done and looks bomb proof.

He is currently bottom of the Atherstone flight 

54 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Depends where you are based and what you want but the little chimney company built and fitted a stainless flue for me last year, it was very well done and looks bomb proof.

He is currently bottom of the Atherstone flight 

We demand a picture of your shiny flu pipe.