Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you definitely don't want a mooring here are a couple of canal side properties. Guess where before you look.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85858614#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124155599#/?channel=RES_BUY 

No way I'd buy that first one with that horrible caravan in the garden!! 

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

No way I'd buy that first one with that horrible caravan in the garden!! 

This may come as a shock but caravans have wheels, and can easily be towed away.

Problem solved.

18 minutes ago, M_JG said:

This may come as a shock but caravans have wheels, and can easily be towed away.

Problem solved.

Lol, this may come as a shock to you, but I have a track record of posting ludicrous things to see if I can snare an idiot taking it 'straight'. 

:giggles:

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Lol, this may come as a shock to you, but I have a track record of posting ludicrous things to see if I can snare an idiot taking it 'straight'. 

:giggles:

Oh dear Micheal, you do read my posts after all.

I take it you know posting in an internet forum for the sole purpose of eliciting a negative reaction from somebody has a name?

Edited by M_JG

2 hours ago, M_JG said:

Oh dear Micheal, you do read my posts after all.

I take it you know posting in an internet forum for the sole purpose of eliciting a negative reaction from somebody has a name?

No what? please tell us. It could be added to the dictionary 

10 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you definitely don't want a mooring here are a couple of canal side properties. Guess where before you look.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85858614#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124155599#/?channel=RES_BUY 

Ansty, no way. Far too much motorway racket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

433%20155793_sm-1200x835.jpg

I believe this was bought by the council some years ago as a precursor to reopening the Bradford Canal, but that project seems to have gone quiet more recently.

"Included in the sale plan is a garden (cross-hatched in green) adjacent to the property which is to be usable by the prospective buyer via a garden licence agreement. This may be terminated should the garden be required for canal regeneration."

https://www.pugh-auctions.com/property/34837

2 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

I do find it mildly amusing when an estate agent bangs on about a property being 'unique' and 'individual', then includes a link on the page to find similar properties. 

:)

4 hours ago, MtB said:

I do find it mildly amusing when an estate agent bangs on about a property being 'unique' and 'individual', then includes a link on the page to find similar properties. 

:)

The debasement of the English language continues apace. This morning on Radio 4 there was a discussion about finding awe in the everyday. Surely the point of awe is to be awestruck which shouldn't be an everyday occurance.

"Awesome" says the waiter as he takes your order for avocado toast.

50 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

The debasement of the English language continues apace. This morning on Radio 4 there was a discussion about finding awe in the everyday. Surely the point of awe is to be awestruck which shouldn't be an everyday occurance.

Indeed. I remember my English teecher at skool raging on for hours about debasement of the English language, and this must have been back in about 1970. 

Well it might actually have been a reasonable and measured lesson about the effect. I wasn't really listening.

Being 14 at the time, I knew it all already.

57 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

I accept the point you are making but I do find that at times one can sense the 'awesome ' through things that we encounter frequently. 

OK so we don't get snow every day but it is familiar and seen in bulk may feel ordinary. But look through or beyond that mundane to see the structure of individual snowflakes is an altogether different experience. Indeed one might just call it awesome!

16 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

I think the car parking mentioned is on the other side of the canal and therefore access is across the lock. Wonder if Currys will deliver a  fridgefreezer? Also unlikely to get an offside mooring as CRT have closed the moorings on the towpath side claiming they are vulnerable to flooding.

4 hours ago, Midnight said:

I think the car parking mentioned is on the other side of the canal and therefore access is across the lock. Wonder if Currys will deliver a  fridgefreezer? Also unlikely to get an offside mooring as CRT have closed the moorings on the towpath side claiming they are vulnerable to flooding.

So is the house vulnerable to flooding. Could you get it insured?

30 minutes ago, Tonka said:

So is the house vulnerable to flooding. Could you get it insured?

Yes it is. But remember an English mans home is his castle. This one comes with it’s own moat. Just need a drawbridge across the lock chamber so curry’s can get the fridge freezer delivered.😜

The Broad Cut House, mansion, whatever. If I recall there was a house there, but this one is bigger. I may be the owners had an intention to build a HMO but then  kit cannot be as it would have had many more rooms with air space that would make an old canal boat inspector wince

• 2 weeks later...