Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Uxter said:

No mooring though.

And when an agent says "The property has potential in abundance with the possibility of transforming this into a beautiful home (STPP)" you have to wonder what state its in!

2 minutes ago, Uxter said:

And that one has a river taxi into town!

32 minutes ago, David Mack said:

And when an agent says "The property has potential in abundance with the possibility of transforming this into a beautiful home (STPP)" you have to wonder what state its in!

I thought that was a little peculiar...

No mooring, as you say, but very cute and presumably you could rent a mooring on the Avon somewhere nearby. Not really the point of this thread though, otherwise it would just be the  "Another property for sale" thread, which could get tedious...

46 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

I thought that was a little peculiar...

No mooring, as you say, but very cute and presumably you could rent a mooring on the Avon somewhere nearby. Not really the point of this thread though, otherwise it would just be the  "Another property for sale" thread, which could get tedious...

Most peculiar of all is the thatch on the roof. It looks impossibly thin compared to the thatch on my own hovel and all those around here.

1 minute ago, junior said:

Interesting that I don't think this house has featured in this thread at all.

We just bought it!

IMG_20220222_183313_147.jpg

Congratulations!

I remember that being up for sale about 3 or 4 years ago.

Does the garden extend far enough along the canal from the tunnel that you get a mooring?

1 hour ago, junior said:

Interesting that I don't think this house has featured in this thread at all.

We just bought it!

IMG_20220222_183313_147.jpg

When we went north through the tunnel there was lots of landscaping going on. About a year or so later it went on the market. I though then that it would be a lovely home. Congrats Junior.

Edited by Nightwatch

17 hours ago, Puffling said:

I'd worry about waking up feeling I was living through an episode of Twin Peaks in this room78870_RX140263_IMG_10_0000.jpg.63f9b5f3f54f179a8e5fc8719642c70a.jpg

Whatever you do, don't close the door behind you when you go in there. It'll take 20 minutes to find the right door to get out again...

12 minutes ago, Grassman said:

It's the coffin hanging from the kitchen ceiling that puzzles me

78870_RX140263_IMG_06_0000.jpeg.b11d4897407274970f3e1783928bc39c.jpeg

It was a method created by Heston Bloomingtall for storing the spirits of deceased ingredients to enhance a jus or confit.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Quite a few road accidents happen on the A5 there on the bridge. Was moored there once. In the morning A5 closed for helicopter to airlift people to hospital

Perhaps beware with this one at Compton, its apparently being sold with a 99 year lease, which hasn't yet been written up.   The moorings appear to have electricity, so maybe good for 99 years. Another upper floor one sold last year so assume there is a lease somewhere (Its approx £100 per month too I believe.)  

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/11504936/