Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I don't think it ever sold as the same boat is still moored in the basin 

The agent has removed the Boatyard from sale.

I looked at this a long time ago before the price reduction but came to the conclusion that for £1M it was too near the railway line. It is very tempting but seems I was right to pass it by as it has been for sale a long time.

On 03/01/2024 at 17:09, ditchcrawler said:

Here is a view from the other side as we came back along the Barby Straight today, still work in progress 

DSCF8855.JPG

DSCF8854.JPG

The house, former bungalow appears to be nearly finished now. It must be a wonderful place to have a bath but rather overlooked and chilly in Winter. Presumably it can move inside in cold weather?

IMG_2495.thumb.jpeg.e04a2cd99f253d271aead2d30fdc050d.jpeg

IMG_2608.thumb.jpeg.ee37dcd4d70ff8daf9f216a6db9aa3a8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

A town house with mooring on the pontoon out front.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144826232#/?channel=RES_BUY

On our private marina off the River Great Ouse a few hundred metres upstream of Eaton Socon Lock.

EA navigation. (Takes me a leisurely fortnight to get to Gayton Junction via Middle Level and River Nene.)

Floating pontoon hinged against concrete capped piling and part way along so rises safely when River is in flood.  Water and power on service bollard. Water is drained down during winter months. No residential boats. Pontoon is 10 metres so will take NB up to 17metre (55') or so (less for widebeam). Green NB in pictures is 36' .

Berth is on a lease, with no ground rent, tied to the property, they can't be sold separately.

Annual service charge for marina upkeep and berth is £437 this year plus extra for car court and estate upkeep.  Residents control the management companies by electing resident directors.

On 16/09/2023 at 15:07, Grassman said:

On the Staffs & Worcs near Penkridge. Strangely there's no photos showing the M6 Motorway 20 metres from their garden 🙂

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/137159375#/?channel=RES_BUY

Still for sale. We walked past yesterday evening. Though the M6 is overhead  the elevation is insufficient to hide much  noise. It’s really incessant and quite deafening. Shame as otherwise with its layout and paddock it would be very pleasant. 

There is a brook that flows through with an overspill feeding it from the canal too. 

55 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Still for sale. We walked past yesterday evening. Though the M6 is overhead  the elevation is insufficient to hide much  noise. It’s really incessant and quite deafening. Shame as otherwise with its layout and paddock it would be very pleasant. 

There is a brook that flows through with an overspill feeding it from the canal too. 

Lovely house, but I agree the noise there is terrible. 

On 16/09/2023 at 15:16, David Mack said:

Blimey! You're not wrong.

Towpath side so no mooring, and constant noise from the elevated motorway. How can that be worth nigh on a million?

Screenshot_20230916-151259_SamsungInternet.jpg.31f19f13b985f8d85b8fce0d3a01caa0.jpg

As Per David Mack’s Google image it’s definitely the M6. The M40 starts near Earlswood South Birmingham peeling off the  M42 quite a bit further South. 

I often see these houses and think they would be nice for deaf people but then I wonder if their augmented other senses would pick it up anyway. 

To people with a full suite of senses the noise is the first one and then perhaps the smell but maybe a deaf person would be able to 'feel' the traffic and become disturbed by it even if they could not hear it. 

When the deaf dumb and blind kid is playing a mean pinball beside the M6 does he know the road is there ? 

Edited by magnetman
grammar

On 22/04/2024 at 20:39, Tim Lewis said:

sold for 100k apparently! I would say that someone has got good value!

https://www.auctionestates.co.uk/property/lock-house-lock-row-torksey-lock-lincoln-ln1-2eh-239828