Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Well some people treat an opening offer as an "expression of interest" and a cue to begin negotiations.

Personally, if people come in too low as a starter, I refuse to negotiate with them, but you never know...

I have friends who live down that road - it is very much a community so, no, not for hermits. The plus side is that you do get invited to a lot of parties, and the pub opposite is very nice, although, again, I suspect some might object to the prices... it isn't cheap. Good food, good beer, very friendly staff, but not cheap.

What is the pub opposite called ?

22 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

it is very much a community so, no, not for hermits. 

Appreciating one's privacy does not necessarily mean you are a hermit but I know what you mean. There is but one road to get there. Of course having the liquid highway is handy you can have a nice little cruise up to Staines upon Thames in the launch and shop at Waitrose or Sainsbury. 

I do like those moorings at Laleham. Having seen one for sale in the mid 90s I can see the prices do go up just a tad over time. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

There isn't one by the River there but there is an interesting on in Laleham with fish tanks. I think it is called the Three Horseshoes or similar.

along way by road and you pass a brewery and a few pubs to get there. unless you go across by boat and leave the boat somewhere safe

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

What is the pub opposite called ?

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

There isn't one by the River there but there is an interesting on in Laleham with fish tanks. I think it is called the Three Horseshoes or similar.

Yes, I was referring to the Three Horseshoes. It is a couple of hundred yards from the river, but there is a good 48-hour public mooring where you could leave the "runabout" boat (unless it's full of over-staying narrowboats/barges, which does happen sometimes...

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, MtB said:

Me too. It would take just too long to be bothered, standing at the cash machine to draw out half a million....

One sofa upturned as l type.£499.999 short. Well let’s hope the chairs are going to make up the difference.

One of the neighbours there has solved the Riverside access problem with a miniature funicular railway setup. 

I think it was a while ago. Possibly before jet air travel made places with nice weather more accessible from Kensington. 

It is not rocket science to work out why there are no boats there. Same scene in mid summer. 

This assumes we don't get thermal runaway global warming. A number of yars ago this River valley was formed by glaciers. They probably have shells in the garden. 

But yes for now it looks safe enough. I would find the noise from Marlow bypass slightly disturbing if spending seven million. I think you could get a slightly more peaceful place. 

2 hours ago, John Brightley said:

Can't find tenants?? There's been lots of offers for renting the warehouse apparently but never mind, who needs heritage.

On 23/01/2023 at 12:22, MtB said:

Me too. It would take just too long to be bothered, standing at the cash machine to draw out half a million....

When my mum and dad bought their house in Croatia -- because they were planning to retire there (before the war), before anybody whinges about second/holiday home owners! -- inflation was rather high and cash was the only accepted means of paying for things, bank transfers were slow and the money lost value while this happened. They had to go into their bank and wait while the cashier counted out the money, then walk down the road to the seller's bank and wait while it was all counted in again, all of which took several hours. It filled several bags and needed both of them to carry it... 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2023 at 08:13, George and Dragon said:

Has this one in Knottingley been mentioned? On the river.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/62577797/

Not on the river, it backs on to the Aire & Calder Navigation canal section through Knottingley. There is a couple of nice looking properties on that stretch, but price seems a bit steep for anything in Knottingley.