Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Here is a shot from the canal and yes, it minute, Hard pushed to get a double garage let alone a house on it.

DSCF6699.JPG

Thanks for the photo. That confirms my opinion expressed earlier about how cramped the site is for the proposed house.

\

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

https://www.austinandroe.co.uk/site/go/viewParticulars?propertyID=622909

Needs tarting up.

Looks very interesting, not sure about the length of the moorings. I need 35ft.

:)

I was wondering why there was no boat moored there when we came by a couple of weeks ago

On 24/01/2022 at 22:09, John Brightley said:

And yet another lock cottage for sale, Salterhebble:

https://www.pugh-auctions.com/property/25657

salterhebble.jpg.7faae8c76dd15ce92e435ef46ec4fb86.jpg

Looks like the IWA have managed to step in, 

https://waterways.org.uk/about-us/news/salterhebble-lock-cottage-saved-from-auction

Not sure a community centre is ideal either. I assume its currently rented out by CRT

Incidentally those are very fine looking stoneware containers in the front. I seem to recall the manufacturers name on.  

On 19/05/2022 at 09:37, jake_crew said:

Is that Dave Pegg's (Fairport Convention) old house ?

I don't think so. There's surely not THAT much money in folk-rock. It's the Manor House, which changed hands only (at a guess) five or six years ago, but which I think had been in the same family for a long time before that.

On 19/05/2022 at 09:57, David Mack said:

Seems to have its own canal arm. Can you get a boat in there?

The "new" people (five or six years ago) spent  a lot of money upgrading the bankside, and I think that part of the work involved dredging the first part of the arm. There was a narrowboat moored there for a brief while. But as far as I'm aware it was never opened out all the way to the house.

Local rumour had it that the bankside would be let out as moorings, but that has not happened. Perhaps they didn't want boaters going to and fro across their grounds, which are spectacular.

Edited by Athy

37 minutes ago, Athy said:

There's surely not THAT much money in folk-rock.

You underestimate its value, there is a lot of money to be made playing music of all genres.  There are also those musicians that make nothing but Peggy ain't one of them. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

Is that Lindy's old house that her grandmother bought for her ?

No.  It was built about 10 years ago on the site of an old garage - and it has a tiny garden and no mooring!