Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, alias said:

You're a month late! 

Pugh & Co are auctioneers and that site appears to have been sold by sealed bids. Not sure why it's still on Rightmove given the following clause in the details:

"2. PLEASE NOTE BIDDING COMMENCES ON TUESDAY 22ND MARCH AND CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY 23RD MARCH."

Oops, Tracy beat me to it! 

18 minutes ago, MtB said:

You're a month late! 

Pugh & Co are auctioneers and that site appears to have been sold by sealed bids. Not sure why it's still on Rightmove given the following clause in the details:

"2. PLEASE NOTE BIDDING COMMENCES ON TUESDAY 22ND MARCH AND CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY 23RD MARCH."

Oops, Tracy beat me to it! 

I had just looked for a link relating to Brian's previous post to find out more. There were two, and it seems I posted the wrong one. It's back on sale tomorrow with a reduced starting price: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/121996931#/?channel=COM_BUY 

Some time a go a boater contacted me about the site asking if I knew if CRT would give end of garden moorings on a building site while he build a house, that was when I was moored at Park Farm so 2 or 3 years back. There use to be a caravan on the site at one time

7 minutes ago, alias said:

I had just looked for a link relating to Brian's previous post to find out more. There were two, and it seems I posted the wrong one. It's back on sale tomorrow with a reduced starting price: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/121996931#/?channel=COM_BUY 

Hmmm thanks for the new link. 

£70k for the plot seems a reasonable price, odd that it didn't sell.

On looking more closely it seems to be seriously small at 218 square metres, so that's probably the reason. That would be a plot about 15m or 45ft square. Tiny for a house that size! 

8 hours ago, MtB said:

On looking more closely it seems to be seriously small at 218 square metres, so that's probably the reason. That would be a plot about 15m or 45ft square. Tiny for a house that size! 

It's very much the norm for a new detached house. A lot of people really arent interested in a big garden.  This plot would accomodate a 2 storey house with a footprint c.100sqm and a total floorspace of 200sqm (more with a converted loft) which is a big house.  This would leave space for a couple of parking spaces in the front and a garden at the back.  That's what a good proportion of buyers would want.  If it's not selling, there's likely to be another problem (something noisy or smelly next door, for example).

56 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

It's very much the norm for a new detached house. A lot of people really arent interested in a big garden.  This plot would accomodate a 2 storey house with a footprint c.100sqm and a total floorspace of 200sqm (more with a converted loft) which is a big house.  This would leave space for a couple of parking spaces in the front and a garden at the back.  That's what a good proportion of buyers would want.  If it's not selling, there's likely to be another problem (something noisy or smelly next door, for example).

. . . or even the busy A road?

35 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

. . . or even the busy A road?

I was talking in general terms before I'd looked at this site.  There are a few problems with this site.  The A road will be busy and noisy and it also means that the cars will need to leave forwards, which means most of the garden is taken up with manoevring space for the cars.  The shape of the plot is pretty awkward.  MtB had implied it was square, but it's far from that.  If you're desperate for a new build and a mooring, then you might be interested, but most people will be looking elswhere, which will keep the price down.

A 15 x 15m square plot would be a pretty decent size for a new build house like this.  Many get built on far smaller plots.

And don't assume the planned house would even fit on the plot. One of my neighbours bought a plot with PP and house planned needed 6ft of the neighbours garden! The builder had to redesign it on the fly and loosing 6ft width ruined it. The neighbours refused to relinquish 6ft of garden for any price even though that part was bramble infested wasteland they never used. They also lost part of their front garden where a planned wall would have made my vehicle access impossible. Total up-cock. Luckily the builder hadrare common sense, he knocked on the door, explained he'd been asked to build a wall blocking my access, said he wasn't going to do it and asked me how much room I needed to get in and out. Top guy. :)

Edited by Slow and Steady

12 minutes ago, Slow and Steady said:

And don't assume the planned house would even fit on the plot. One of my neighbours bought a plot with PP and house planned needed 6ft of the neighbours garden! The builder had to redesign it on the fly and loosing 6ft width ruined it. The neighbours refused to relinquish 6ft of garden for any price even though that part was bramble infested wasteland they never used. They also lost part of their front garden where a planned wall would have made my vehicle access impossible. Total up-cock. Luckily the builder hadrare common sense, he knocked on the door, explained he'd been asked to build a wall blocking my access, said he wasn't going to do it and asked me how much room I needed to get in and out. Top guy. :)

This is how it fits the site:Screenshot_20220427-130535_Gallery.jpg.c86f1c38a7fc6913bafef69ccc25df20.jpg

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, David Mack said:

This is how it fits the site:Screenshot_20220427-130535_Gallery.jpg.c86f1c38a7fc6913bafef69ccc25df20.jpg

I didn't see that on the latest link. My story gets even funnier later. The people who bought the plot and had the house built, didn't like the reduced version. They rented it out for a few years then sold it. The next owners then  bought that missing 6ftof land for side access for peanuts - I guess the original people must have pissed them off!

Edited by Slow and Steady

16 hours ago, MtB said:

Its not even square and looks like marsh land

image.png.7da5f1b6647f84dc7e8f498a48479b88.png

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Thats curious. Looking at the scale of the other houses i'd have said that plot you've outlined was closer to 1000 sq metres than the 218 the agent says.

But I meant the £70k looks like a reasonable price if buying it for use as a mooring.

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Thats curious. Looking at the scale of the other houses i'd have said that plot you've outlined was closer to 1000 sq metres than the 218 the agent says.

Remember I don.t know exactly where the boundaries are, just what I can see.

6 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The auction fail ti find a buyer at £79K

It is back for sealed postal bids over the  £75k reserve.

What the details fail to show is the huge Tata chemiical works within spitting distance.........................

Probably just an unfortunate administrative oversight....

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its not all that area, just the clear section at the bottom. This is an extract from the location plan from the planning application.Screenshot_20220427-214706_Gallery.jpg.11e2be478a84e4c3ce26a46dae1f80a9.jpg

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 1

14 hours ago, MtB said:

But I meant the £70k looks like a reasonable price if buying it for use as a mooring.

That outline is far larger than the actual plot.

image.png.3d1d6ed79f979b44d6473ac5d0670fe0.png

image.png.0b87faed3d39361a02afa0372da593d7.png

18 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You should see the view looking the other way!

Looking the other way is a high grassy bank.  That's all you can see.  Behind the bank there seems to be a series of 'chemical lakes', presumably for a nearby chemical works?

In all, it's bloody horrid.  I would not want a mooring there.  Or a house.