Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tim Lewis said:

The pictures are not really selling it 🙂

No interior shots - should we assume that it's a wreck inside?

For once, the state agent's cliché of tremendous potential is justified. It needs work but could be an idyllic spot.

Is that stretch of canal actually being restored or is it just derelict?

On 17/01/2022 at 22:56, matty40s said:

If I wanted to live in a dentists with a doctors surgery waiting room to relax in, this would be ideal, just missing the numerous NHS posters.

It's had a full renovation - of its atmosphere.

Edited by mark99

52 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

As long as the residents don't start to whinge about moored boats running their engines and burning wood or coal on their stoves.

Of course they will. Hope the little pub next door survives. Many a year since I’ve come across a pub that sells tins of snuff. Olde worlde pub.

Edited by Nightwatch

18 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

A big investment to be had. Planning for 68 apartments. Be good to see it in its improved condition.

I like this sort of building Tbh it’s very much receding from the canal side scenery these days. It’s a shame in my eyes. I much prefer it to rather sanitised apartments that will probably replace it. 

There’s increasingly nowhere for any manufacturing industry to ever take place even if it was feasible now other than on more greenfield sites . I’m not sure that’s  wise. 

• Greenie 4

3 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

I like this sort of building Tbh it’s very much receding from the canal side scenery these days. It’s a shame in my eyes. I much prefer it to rather sanitised apartments that will probably replace it. 

There’s increasingly nowhere for any manufacturing industry to ever take place even if it was feasible now other than on more greenfield sites . I’m not sure that’s  wise. 

I’m assuming that they refurbish the building rather demolish.

16 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I’m assuming that they refurbish the building rather demolish.

Old mills/warehouses are often not well suited (for developers) to carving into flats due to the floor layout and ceiling height. Often you’ll find mysterious fires tear through these neglected buildings forcing them to be demolished, especially if planning has been refused previously.

From what i’ve seen on the Book of Face, allegedly divers had been used to assess the foundations and found they were knackered and so it will be demolished :( 

8 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Old mills/warehouses are often not well suited (for developers) to carving into flats due to the floor layout and ceiling height. Often you’ll find mysterious fires tear through these neglected buildings forcing them to be demolished, especially if planning has been refused previously.

From what i’ve seen on the Book of Face, allegedly divers had been used to assess the foundations and found they were knackered and so it will be demolished :( 

As good a reason of any I suppose. Have to say, it is an eye sore presently.

Edited by Nightwatch

20 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

which is why they have left it so long before developing. 

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

Divers...you needed wellies only it was that shallow next to the building...we did try and get in there once for a look around but couldnt get closer than about 4 feet away.

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Divers...you needed wellies only it was that shallow next to the building...we did try and get in there once for a look around but couldnt get closer than about 4 feet away.

I did say it was from Facebook, where fantasy meets reality, gives it the finger and rides off on it’s unicorn.

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

I have always liked the look of that as we passed

There was usually a 70' ex BWB boat moored alongside, not there now. Surprising because the lock pound is the winding.

I have winded 70' there with the boat on its mooring, just, with the fenders up.

Its the only one for a fair way. Next is up the locks at the boatyard.

I would expect it to achieve substantially more than the estimate at auction.