Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

The floor plan lists a study but no bathroom.  The description implies that the bathroom is actually the study, or vice versa.  Either way, it's a room with no windows or natural ventilation so pretty unpleasant as either a study or a bathroom.

Photos show a rather nice bathroom, albeit downstairs from the bedrooms.

On 13/12/2021 at 12:31, Uxter said:

The back yard has length but not width, It will depend on the length of your of your boat, how friendly you are with your neighbours and CRT, if you wanted to moor at the end of the garden.

image.png.3b20af73e93ffd1a3ed1897c03bc35af.png

When I was looking for a canalaide house with mooring potential for a 60 foot boat, CRT told me they no longer approve moorings which overhang onto adjacent properties because of problems when new neighbours move in.

30 minutes ago, cuthound said:

When I was looking for a canalaide house with mooring potential for a 60 foot boat, CRT told me they no longer approve moorings which overhang onto adjacent properties because of problems when new neighbours move in.

That is what I understood things to be when I asked if it was allowed back up the thread.

On 13/12/2021 at 12:31, Uxter said:

The back yard has length but not width, It will depend on the length of your of your boat, how friendly you are with your neighbours and CRT, if you wanted to moor at the end of the garden.

image.png.3b20af73e93ffd1a3ed1897c03bc35af.png

A more expensove house with a short EOG mooring!

4 bed house for sale in Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 | OneDome

9 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Except when it isn't open, like last time we passed that way.

Yes, very bad timing on our part.

😞

We navigate by WhatPub and use the phone to check.

Post lockdown,  many places still have odd or unreliable hours. Bloody annoying and I try not to patronise any establishment that can't keep to its published trading hours.

2 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

A more expensove house with a short EOG mooring!

4 bed house for sale in Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 | OneDome

There's a paved area at the bottom of the gardens which looks to be communal. So are tge mooring permits only available for the width of each house (14 ft 3 in room width), or is it first come first served for a longer mooring which will block the neighbours' views?

7 minutes ago, David Mack said:

There's a paved area at the bottom of the gardens which looks to be communal. So are tge mooring permits only available for the width of each house (14 ft 3 in room width), or is it first come first served for a longer mooring which will block the neighbours' views?

Do not forget it is not Canal & River Trust and you will need a separate license for the Basingstoke, a transit pass or a license for the River Wey and then a gold license  

37 minutes ago, Uxter said:

You wouldnt want to buy that anyway, the canal is about to breach...

20211216_200341.jpg

• 2 weeks later...