Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Looks a reasonable price for London. Bit frustrating having a canalside property but no mooring though. 

6 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Ideal for anyone wishing to commute out of London.

No interior view available, unless I missed the appropriate button.

6 hours ago, MrsM said:

Looks a reasonable price for London. Bit frustrating having a canalside property but no mooring though. 

Isn't Battlebridge Basin very close? At least I think that's what it's called: you can see the moorings from the train when leaving St. Pancras or King's X.

7 hours ago, MrsM said:

There are some lovely properties in the UK for that price, also without moorings and canal, and noisy waterfall, and possibly the worst views around. 

Edited by Higgs

8 minutes ago, Higgs said:

and possibly the worst views around. 

Waterside vistas.....mature trees.....open air swimming pool.....an estate agent might say.

Oh, and the interior doesn't look very exciting, so add "blank canvas".

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Waterside vistas.....mature trees.....open air swimming pool.....an estate agent might say.

Oh, and the interior doesn't look very exciting, so add "blank canvas".

If you could just plonk it in the country somewhere, and leave a patch of waste ground where it stood, which wouldn't look out of place in that setting. 

7 hours ago, MrsM said:

It's up for auction. That's a guide price, so will probably go for more.

50 minutes ago, Athy said:

Isn't Battlebridge Basin very close? At least I think that's what it's called: you can see the moorings from the train when leaving St. Pancras or King's X.

It's St Pancras Basin that you see leaving St Pancras, and is indeed right alongside that house. Battlebridge Basin is near King's Cross, but not visible from the train.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, David Mack said:

It's up for auction. That's a guide price, so will probably go for more.

At least 10% more for the reserve price. But knowing how bonkers property sales are, someone will be mad enough to bid well over the price. I think you would have to be bonkers. 

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

Instead of a garden shed you have a public elsan!!

There is no Elsan disposal point there, I assume that you are. confusing this building with the building by the gauging point, currently the CRT office

Edited by Tim Lewis

9 hours ago, MrsM said:

Look again, its up for sale by auction and that's the "guide price". The supposed 'guide price' is normally set very low in order to fill the auction room with people hoping unrealistically to win it for somewhere vaguely close to the guide price. In my limited experience (of falling for this trick!), properties typically sell at auction for 50% to 100% above the guide price. 

20 minutes ago, MtB said:

Look again, its up for sale by auction and that's the "guide price". The supposed 'guide price' is normally set very low in order to fill the auction room with people hoping unrealistically to win it for somewhere vaguely close to the guide price. In my limited experience (of falling for this trick!), properties typically sell at auction for 50% to 100% above the guide price. 

I think auction houses should be done. And I am currently involved in this market. They can stimulate interest in a property, by this very exaggerated undervaluing. They can throw in a bid, which I understand cannot be above the reserve. I'd prefer a physical auction, but because of Covid, much has gone online. Then there's the commission they take, for doing all that massaging, but basically - for F all. And at the place I'm using - £3,000 is the least amount of commission that is paid. There is no word to describe it, but racket. 

Edited by Higgs

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that someone with very deep pockets might fancy this at Kegworth on the river Soar. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/115547339#/?channel=RES_BUY

The downside is that its under the flight path for East Midlands airport which has a lot of night flights. I would expect CRT to come to an arrangement over mooring for such a wonderful house.

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

As this is on the river I expect that the property already has riparian rights, including mooring, and CRT are only the navigation authority.

Indeed that is the case, however, the orange barrage currently blocks upstream passage, and downstream is the large wier.

11 hours ago, Richard T said:

Thought that someone with very deep pockets might fancy this at Kegworth on the river Soar. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/115547339#/?channel=RES_BUY

The downside is that its under the flight path for East Midlands airport which has a lot of night flights. I would expect CRT to come to an arrangement over mooring for such a wonderful house.

Can't you buy it, then complain about the noise and get the flights stopped. This worked for the people who bought the flats around Limehouse Basin

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Indeed that is the case, however, the orange barrage currently blocks upstream passage, and downstream is the large wier.

53 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Picture 12 shows the head of the lock cut island as belonging to the property so is there a possible mooring there?

I would think the strip of land between the cut and weir is owned by the house,  I'm not sure how it's accessed from that side but it would make a good mooring. The landscape of the river must have changed considerably since the house was built I'd guess. 

I couldn't put up with the orange bobbins spoiling the view, a couple of half sunken GU butties would do the same job but be easier on the eye.

• Haha 1