Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, MtB said:

Never really understood why that bungalow has so much featureless lawn surrounding it. Looks a prime opportunity to build a few 4-bed houses in the garden and make a fortune!

I'm sure they must have thought of that....

Or 4 new 4 bedroom properties each with over quarter of an acre 

2 hours ago, Mrs_A said:

It looks like quite a lot of canal frontage.  With a little bit of imagination this could become a family run boatyard with moorings and hardstanding....

Yes, it's a wonderful site. Always struck me as a terrible waste to have it as just an acre of grass to mow. 

Mind you £750k is one helluva ambitious price. Same again would be needed to construct boatyard buildings and wharf. And then LA planning permission/change of use, neighbour objections and CRT approval might be insurmountable hurdles, never mind the money!

3 hours ago, MtB said:

Yes, it's a wonderful site. Always struck me as a terrible waste to have it as just an acre of grass to mow. 

Mind you £750k is one helluva ambitious price. Same again would be needed to construct boatyard buildings and wharf. And then LA planning permission/change of use, neighbour objections and CRT approval might be insurmountable hurdles, never mind the money!

If it was a wharf, there are mooring rings then they could well have the right to moor boats there

13 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Very nice. I’m tempted, you get a parking space. However, short of funds at present.

Edited by Nightwatch

5 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Is the Elizabeth line what was renamed the Jubilee line in 1977? That'll be the Fleet line for older anti-monarchists.

No, the Elizabeth line is what Crossrail was renamed to, if it is ever finished.

Edited by Tim Lewis
  • Greenie 1

On 16/07/2021 at 21:04, Richard T said:

I pass this quite often, but have always wondered which property’s owns what canal frontage, as the gardens aren’t defined by conventional layout and all the gardens seam to blend into each other’s. I also heard Dennis “The Menace” Priestly owns a property on this stretch.🎯🎯

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Opposite side of the canal to the bungalow, too!

Depends which old map you look at - on the one I quoted, it is marked exactly where the bungalow was built (there was a structure here already) so if it ever went to court, the lawyers, as usual, would have a profitable field day.

• 1 month later...