Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Looks as if it has lain unoccupied for some time. Hence the absence of internal photos; also explains the closed curtains in outside views.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Puffling said:

Looks as if it has lain unoccupied for some time. Hence the absence of internal photos; also explains the closed curtains in outside views.

I was thinking along similar lines: it must be really wrecked inside for the estate agents not to risk showing any internal views.

• 2 weeks later...

It has considerable appeal, though it would be far too large for just a couple.

I don't get why the estate agent stresses that it needs updating, as it has central heating, fitted wardrobes, fully fitted kitchen, an array pf solar panels etc. Do they just mean that the paint's a bit grubby?

That Fisher stove is a monster. I don't think I'm familiar with that make.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Is Malcolm Burge of Swedish origin? The only other time I've ever heard that surname was with reference to Peter Burge the cricketer, who was Australian.

I think it was a reference to Mr Burge’s love of a certain make of semi Diesel engine…

• Greenie 1

38 minutes ago, frangar said:

I think it was a reference to Mr Burge’s love of a certain make of semi Diesel engine…

Oh, he's a Bolinder man is he?

I suppose if he loved Kromhouts he'd be a Dutch Burge.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, MtB said:

Curious video, best viewed at 2x speed as it "lacks pace" IMO. 

The curious thing is there is no mention of the price that I could see, or any link to the estate agent listing, or any way of making any serious enquiry about it. 

It is odd. You would think that they might mention it if they take the trouble to stick a video on YouTube

The cottage is on their website though -- https://www.hunters.com/property-search/knosp223291

1 hour ago, Bacchus said:

It is odd. You would think that they might mention it if they take the trouble to stick a video on YouTube

The cottage is on their website though -- https://www.hunters.com/property-search/knosp223291

Thanks....

But £399,950? Dammit I can't afford that.

I've just checked and I only have £399.949 in the bank. 

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Little change out of £400,000. But I suppose Soaliyull is quite posh.

But for a smallish house, no road access, smallish garden surrounded by towpath with no privacy. It doesn't look £400k to me (which might be why it has been for sale for some time).